Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Getting the car ready for the Drive to WCC
Ferg
post Mar 25 2004, 11:19 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 116
Region Association: None

OK, i'm pretty sure I am going to drive out, instead of trailer the car for the June gathering.

First I'll give you my car history, followd by what I plan to do, and bring along with me, and then I will be open for sugguestions.

Car:
74 914-6, 77 2.7 cis motor, recent full rebuild in 94 10k since then. Last summer I did valves once, and changed oil. I did drive it from LA last spring to CO no problems.

My pre trip plans:
Change oil again, along with putting swepco in tranny, change clutch cable (I can see a couple of broken strands) bleed brakes, inspect wheel bearings pads ect. and custom make a platic garbage bag engine cover in case GASP it rains...
Oh an maybe a clear bra for my paint (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

What should I order now for spares to bring (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
I always sort of winged it, and have gotten lucky twice from CA to CO in teeners, and want to be more prepared this time just in case.
Also, I have my AAA card (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 09:17 AM