Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting the car ready for the Drive to WCC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
OK, i'm pretty sure I am going to drive out, instead of trailer the car for the June gathering.

First I'll give you my car history, followd by what I plan to do, and bring along with me, and then I will be open for sugguestions.

Car:
74 914-6, 77 2.7 cis motor, recent full rebuild in 94 10k since then. Last summer I did valves once, and changed oil. I did drive it from LA last spring to CO no problems.

My pre trip plans:
Change oil again, along with putting swepco in tranny, change clutch cable (I can see a couple of broken strands) bleed brakes, inspect wheel bearings pads ect. and custom make a platic garbage bag engine cover in case GASP it rains...
Oh an maybe a clear bra for my paint wub.gif

What should I order now for spares to bring confused24.gif
I always sort of winged it, and have gotten lucky twice from CA to CO in teeners, and want to be more prepared this time just in case.
Also, I have my AAA card cool.gif
Ferg
Oh, and I shall bring out some Fat Tire beer3.gif
Rusty
My small spares bag typically contains a fan belt, relays, fuses, points, cap, rotor, plugs, throttle and clutch cables, a variety of zip ties and a box of assorted metric hardware.

Hope this helps,
-Rusty smoke.gif
dgw
QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 25 2004, 09:31 AM)
Oh, and I shall bring out some Fat Tire beer3.gif

You can buy it here now. Only took....... what, 10 years for it to arrive. Good stuff.
beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
Coooool! smilie_pokal.gif I'm trailering mine! I'll barely have it running by then. confused24.gif
Bleyseng
Rich, you don't have to have it running just drag it out so we can see the alien.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.