Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Progress Update and two questions....
quadracerx
post Feb 8 2010, 06:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,366
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I began trying to diagnose a part throttle miss....idles great...takes throttle great....hold throttle at almost any RPM and it misses.....seems to not miss as bad at higher RPM....its carbed... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

Checked the folowing:

Timing
Fuel pressure...

Started to mess with the what I like to call "mixture thumbscrews" until the miss got a bit better but still not gone....A friend told me to try pouring some "Seafoam" in with the gas on the next fill up....AND although Im not a big "magic elixer" will fix it guy.... Everyone I asked said this Seafoam stuff worked for them (4 people out of 4 gave good reviews) and so....I poured a bottle of this stuff in....and WHAM...miss is almost completely gone.....and improving seemingly the more I drive it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Hey...whatever works I guess..So now Im planning an hour long drive to and from Tacoma....in the near future....

Ok so now the two questions...

1) How do I identify what Webers I have?

2) Is the fuel expansion tank standard equiptment on all 914 that came with Fuel Injection? And do I need it when I go to a V8 on my other car?

Ok...guess that was really three questions.....

Thanks again for all your help..

Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 09:45 PM