Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB: '73 Rear Wiring Harness
cholland_
post Feb 8 2010, 10:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,029
Region Association: None

Looking for an uncut wiring harness for my '73 914, specifically the one that goes from the fuse box towards the rear of the car.

The PO who started the restoration decided that cutting the entire harness in half in the tunnel was a decent idea, and I'm fed up trying to fix it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
detoxcowboy
post Feb 8 2010, 10:49 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,642
Region Association: Africa

Jeff Bowlsby has the best new replacements, he is a 914 harness wirng pro, from this site. vendors section or link.. google jeff bowlsby wire harness ect..

+Quote Post
Cire
post Feb 9 2010, 04:58 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,155

QUOTE(cholland_ @ Feb 8 2010, 09:45 PM) *

Looking for an uncut wiring harness for my '73 914, specifically the one that goes from the fuse box towards the rear of the car.

The PO who started the restoration decided that cutting the entire harness in half in the tunnel was a decent idea, and I'm fed up trying to fix it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

I have an entire wiring harness and I think its fairly intact. I drove the car home from Payson AZ to Tucson. I think the horn didnt work and maybe the flood lights. When I took the car totally apart I noticed they didnt have wires to them. So I think those 2 items were taken out? Other than that it looks perfect. I can take pictures for you if you would like. As for price... I looked around and see them going for 399 on pelican to about 100 bucks. Since I am 100% unsure, how about 75? = )

Let me know if you would like a picture. I also have the box in the back, the fuse panel and all the stuff that came with the 74 originaly.

Eric
+Quote Post
shoguneagle
post Feb 9 2010, 06:38 AM
Post #4

shoguneagle

Member No.: 84
Region Association: Northern California

Wiring is easy to understand and correct if you are willing and have the patience to spend "quality time" with the problem. I think if you are planning on removing and replacing the rear half of the harness you will have the same situation that you now have. One of total frustration.

I would at least consider replacing the entire harness rather than just doing part since you have to go into the harness itself to make changes. You may be the greatest "guru" on wiring harness in the world but letting it get you totally frustrated is another situation. You must have patience.

If I were you, I would try to trace every wire going back to understand the problem and replace the wires accordingly, but if this is not the case replace the whole wiring harness from front to back. Just make sure you have a good working harness; Jeff is the man to go to regarding wiring harness although I do not know if he makes up part or total 914 harnesses. I know he makes an excellent engine harness and he probably can get you connectors.

Hope the above helps, I have been there many times and will probably be there again - getting disgusted and fed up with electrical problems.

Steve Hurt
+Quote Post
Al Meredith
post Feb 10 2010, 11:10 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,061

I have several wiring harnesses , But shipping to Canada is too much. Do you have a contact in the States that can recieve it for you? I once sold someone in Canada a Harness for $75 and it cost $55 to ship it. Al
+Quote Post
Cire
post Feb 10 2010, 02:52 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 10,155

QUOTE(Cire @ Feb 9 2010, 03:58 AM) *

QUOTE(cholland_ @ Feb 8 2010, 09:45 PM) *

I have an entire wiring harness and I think its fairly intact. I drove the car home from Payson AZ to Tucson. I think the horn didnt work and maybe the flood lights. When I took the car totally apart I noticed they didnt have wires to them. So I think those 2 items were taken out? Other than that it looks perfect. I can take pictures for you if you would like. As for price... I looked around and see them going for 399 on pelican to about 100 bucks. Since I am 100% unsure, how about 75? = )

Let me know if you would like a picture. I also have the box in the back, the fuse panel and all the stuff that came with the 74 originaly.

Eric

I can ship my wirring harness if you pay for it. I can get it out today. Here is a picture. $50 plus $50 for shipping.... $100 total.

Eric

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:39 AM