Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: '73 Rear Wiring Harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
cholland_
Looking for an uncut wiring harness for my '73 914, specifically the one that goes from the fuse box towards the rear of the car.

The PO who started the restoration decided that cutting the entire harness in half in the tunnel was a decent idea, and I'm fed up trying to fix it headbang.gif
detoxcowboy
Jeff Bowlsby has the best new replacements, he is a 914 harness wirng pro, from this site. vendors section or link.. google jeff bowlsby wire harness ect..

Cire
QUOTE(cholland_ @ Feb 8 2010, 09:45 PM) *

Looking for an uncut wiring harness for my '73 914, specifically the one that goes from the fuse box towards the rear of the car.

The PO who started the restoration decided that cutting the entire harness in half in the tunnel was a decent idea, and I'm fed up trying to fix it headbang.gif

I have an entire wiring harness and I think its fairly intact. I drove the car home from Payson AZ to Tucson. I think the horn didnt work and maybe the flood lights. When I took the car totally apart I noticed they didnt have wires to them. So I think those 2 items were taken out? Other than that it looks perfect. I can take pictures for you if you would like. As for price... I looked around and see them going for 399 on pelican to about 100 bucks. Since I am 100% unsure, how about 75? = )

Let me know if you would like a picture. I also have the box in the back, the fuse panel and all the stuff that came with the 74 originaly.

Eric
shoguneagle
Wiring is easy to understand and correct if you are willing and have the patience to spend "quality time" with the problem. I think if you are planning on removing and replacing the rear half of the harness you will have the same situation that you now have. One of total frustration.

I would at least consider replacing the entire harness rather than just doing part since you have to go into the harness itself to make changes. You may be the greatest "guru" on wiring harness in the world but letting it get you totally frustrated is another situation. You must have patience.

If I were you, I would try to trace every wire going back to understand the problem and replace the wires accordingly, but if this is not the case replace the whole wiring harness from front to back. Just make sure you have a good working harness; Jeff is the man to go to regarding wiring harness although I do not know if he makes up part or total 914 harnesses. I know he makes an excellent engine harness and he probably can get you connectors.

Hope the above helps, I have been there many times and will probably be there again - getting disgusted and fed up with electrical problems.

Steve Hurt
Al Meredith
I have several wiring harnesses , But shipping to Canada is too much. Do you have a contact in the States that can recieve it for you? I once sold someone in Canada a Harness for $75 and it cost $55 to ship it. Al
Cire
QUOTE(Cire @ Feb 9 2010, 03:58 AM) *

QUOTE(cholland_ @ Feb 8 2010, 09:45 PM) *

I have an entire wiring harness and I think its fairly intact. I drove the car home from Payson AZ to Tucson. I think the horn didnt work and maybe the flood lights. When I took the car totally apart I noticed they didnt have wires to them. So I think those 2 items were taken out? Other than that it looks perfect. I can take pictures for you if you would like. As for price... I looked around and see them going for 399 on pelican to about 100 bucks. Since I am 100% unsure, how about 75? = )

Let me know if you would like a picture. I also have the box in the back, the fuse panel and all the stuff that came with the 74 originaly.

Eric

I can ship my wirring harness if you pay for it. I can get it out today. Here is a picture. $50 plus $50 for shipping.... $100 total.

Eric

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.