Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> FS: 'One-Owner' 73 2.0L. Alaskan Blue. Excellent Condition.
JF914
post Feb 9 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,786
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

For sale. One owner since 1974 (before me in Sept '09). Immaculate condition throughout. $12.5K, or best offer.

MANY PHOTOS HERE. Take a look !

http://s339.photobucket.com/albums/n466/sc...nt=e1d5043b.pbw

ALASKAN BLUE 2.0L, and a '73 model which is the arguably most desirable year. Its spent its life in CA and Colorado. Nice dry climates, and had an original color repaint and full rebuild of the engine (documented) less than 10K miles ago. Car just turned 105K.

When I bought the car, I had a local Porsche Concours judge, and 914 owner/afficianado look the car over for nearly 5 hours as my pre-purchase inspection . He was going bonkers over the car! Loved it, so I bought it from the owner here in Denver. (I have previously owned a couple Ferrari 308's, and may be looking to get back into that arena).

VIN#4732918359
2.0L engine. F/I, No mods
Chrome bumpers
Front/rear sways.
Alpine Stereo with hi-performance AMP
Chromed Fuchs (original wheels with spare).
Air Conditioning (aftermarket Porschaire install).

Prior owner spent over $13K on full older restoration/repaint/rebuild all around. Car still shows extremely well.

Pioneer Porsche Windshield, Oil pressure sender......$284.65

Scotts Independent Porsche Engine rebuild (pistons, rods, bearings, seals)..... $3073.24

Scotts Independent Porsche Panel work, rust repairs, bumpers, seals all around, mouldings, cv joints, chrome $3304.23

Jim East - Porsche Paint/Body Original color repaint + black valences/rockers $2088.00

Hand Crafted Metal Rust mitigation and reinforcement (jackpoints)/welds, panelwork $1782.00

Scott's Independent Porsche Spring Set-Rear/Alignment set.....$684.26

R&R's Porsche Aire A/C with static condenser $1569.00

Ziebart rustproofing

Several other normal maintenance records from Stevinson Porsche when in Colorado .... 2001, and on. Couple thousand miles, oil change

I have taken car of all of the little items which needed attention after minimal use in the last several years. Only a couple thousand miles since 2001. The list of nearly $4K spent (not all inclusive) in 2009.

Porsche of Walnut Creek New Key Fob type $75.82
City Lock Co. Spare keys $15.00
914 World Driver seat adjustment lever $25.00
914 World Original Mirror-Chrome Drivers side $50.00
Boulder Autowerks Bearings, pedal box, clutch cable, shift bushings, master cyl, brake lines $1851.04
Boulder Autowerks Fuel hose 18', 8mm hose clamps $75.00
Tire Source Michelin MXV/4 $537.24
Automobile Atlanta Bilstein Shocks, Weltmeister #140 Springs, and Vitaloni Mirrors (2) $639.00

Above includes:
new fuel lines all around including to fuel injectors (safety item)
new rear bearings
new brake lines
new clutch cable and adjustment
new brake master cylinder
rebuild the pedal box with brass bushings
new 140# upgraded rear Weltmeister springs
new Bilstein rear shocks
New Vitaloni Turbo mirrors (driver and passenger).

No rust in the usual trouble spots (floor pans, longs, hell hole/battery, etc).
Structurally very sound. No issues.
A couple of very minor 1/8" rust bubbles showing under the paint on the very rear of the front fender behind the antenna.
Interior is really clean. Steering wheel is mint condition, as is the dash (perfect, no cracks).
Original interior material. No tears. (one small repair on passenger seat 1/2 inch on seat bottom).
Original carpets. Very nice condition.
Targa topi in great condition.
All switches, electricals, lights, etc work fine.

Runs excellent. Always starts. Runs out well... Needs nothing. I have enjoyed the car, and it gets lots of looks/thumbs up, but may be getting back into 308's.

John
feeney@us.ibm.com
303 475 7840 ©

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 09:11 AM