Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> took it for a spin today, sloppy shift and galloping idle?
bcaschera
post Feb 14 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,873
Region Association: None

So despite having no roll bar, windshield, mirrors, or seat belt, I decided to take it out for a ride (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) . What a blast. The only things wrong. (drivabillty wise) is that it has a sort of galloping idle and tends to want to die when i stop, and that the shifter is sloppy with a capital Y. I think that the shift problem is from worn bushings (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) but i dont even know if it has bushings in the linkage. As for the idle it could be anything, I haven't really checked into what it may be.... I did remove the charcoal filter and neglect to put it back on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) i figure that i could just plug the in and out put where it once was ( damn ca emissions ). I am new to these cars and appreciate the wealth of knowledge on these forums. That said I am looking for trouble shooting advise, I have some idea where to look for the issues but assume i know nothing what would you advise from here? It is a 1.8 L-jet in a 75 all stock cept the exhaust, thats a Monza.if more information is needed i will gladly oblige thanks in advance. and i think i see one of these (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) in my near future.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 04:41 PM