Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: took it for a spin today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bcaschera
So despite having no roll bar, windshield, mirrors, or seat belt, I decided to take it out for a ride aktion035.gif . What a blast. The only things wrong. (drivabillty wise) is that it has a sort of galloping idle and tends to want to die when i stop, and that the shifter is sloppy with a capital Y. I think that the shift problem is from worn bushings confused24.gif but i dont even know if it has bushings in the linkage. As for the idle it could be anything, I haven't really checked into what it may be.... I did remove the charcoal filter and neglect to put it back on happy11.gif i figure that i could just plug the in and out put where it once was ( damn ca emissions ). I am new to these cars and appreciate the wealth of knowledge on these forums. That said I am looking for trouble shooting advise, I have some idea where to look for the issues but assume i know nothing what would you advise from here? It is a 1.8 L-jet in a 75 all stock cept the exhaust, thats a Monza.if more information is needed i will gladly oblige thanks in advance. and i think i see one of these slap.gif in my near future.
sww914
Shifting, bad bushings are more than common, they're ubiquitous. Hunting idle, vacuum leaks are the first place to start. Even if vacuum leaks aren't the whole problem they're still a problem almost always. Spray brakleen, carb cleaner, even WD-40 at one spot on the intake at a time. If the idle speeds up after you spray, you've found one of the leaks. Fix it and move on to the next one.
GPR has the bushings you need at a great price, they pay to advertise here.
sww914
Also, I think pelican parts has a troubleshooting guide for L-jet. The first thing it will say is probably vacuum leaks. If not google L-jetronic troubleshooting, you'll find something. Don't assume anything when troubleshooting, check it off AFTER you test that component.
silver74insocal
you can start with this:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...roubleshoot.htm

see if that helps.good luck!! Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.