Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Gas tank venting/sloshing issues
campbellcj
post Jan 9 2003, 11:43 PM
Post #1

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

Last weekend at the track, I experienced some very noticable and sketchy issues with fuel sloshing and overflow. The PO had totally gutted the evap canister and vapor recovery lines from the car; basically the top end of the tank isn't connected to anything. So, unless I route it somewhere, under heavy G's the top vent/overflow outlet (near the gas cap) spews some significant fumes and potentially liquid gas if the tank is fairly full. (I never encountered this in street driving, even in the canyons.)

What's the best way to handle this? The car is carbed and I suspect most carbed guys have ditched the vapor recovery system. Do I just run a fuel line vent to the outside of the car or something?

Obviously this isn't a good situation and I need a "quick fix" ASAP because the fuel cell won't be in the car for another month or three.

TIA,
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 11:34 PM