Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> installed some Mikey914 targa seals today
rfuerst911sc
post Feb 21 2010, 03:33 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,980
Region Association: South East States

I continue to put parts on the car which feels fantastic. Todays task was installing the targa front windshield seal and the top side seals. First the windshield seal. I removed my old one which is in good shape but I figured " while I'm in there " (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) . I looked over the instructions included with the seal and started. As the instructions stated I had to trim the aluminum tabs on the corners about 1/8th of an inch. The rest of the install went exactly as the instructions stated. I was done in about 20 minutes.
Now onto the targa side seals. These little bastards (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) were a little more of a challenge. I tried the " slide in " method with silicone spray and no go. I'm not a fan of jabbing them in with a screwdriver so I went to Home Depot and picked up some silicone grease. Made the job MUCH easier and I was able to slide them in. Was still a struggle but not too bad. I have now installed almost every seal Mikey914 makes and every one was a good fit. I'm thrilled and it's quite possible my 914 won't leak (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
underthetire
post Feb 21 2010, 03:37 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,623
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Feb 21 2010, 01:33 PM) *

I I'm thrilled and it's quite possible my 914 won't leak (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

But yes, mikey is our savior....if he ever send my parts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Feb 21 2010, 06:42 PM
Post #3

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:34 PM