Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: installed some Mikey914 targa seals today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
I continue to put parts on the car which feels fantastic. Todays task was installing the targa front windshield seal and the top side seals. First the windshield seal. I removed my old one which is in good shape but I figured " while I'm in there " biggrin.gif . I looked over the instructions included with the seal and started. As the instructions stated I had to trim the aluminum tabs on the corners about 1/8th of an inch. The rest of the install went exactly as the instructions stated. I was done in about 20 minutes.
Now onto the targa side seals. These little bastards mad.gif were a little more of a challenge. I tried the " slide in " method with silicone spray and no go. I'm not a fan of jabbing them in with a screwdriver so I went to Home Depot and picked up some silicone grease. Made the job MUCH easier and I was able to slide them in. Was still a struggle but not too bad. I have now installed almost every seal Mikey914 makes and every one was a good fit. I'm thrilled and it's quite possible my 914 won't leak w00t.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Feb 21 2010, 01:33 PM) *

I I'm thrilled and it's quite possible my 914 won't leak w00t.gif

lol-2.gif

But yes, mikey is our savior....if he ever send my parts poke.gif
rick 918-S
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.