Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 2010 Sebring Winter Testing Session, Morning Session Photographs 2.22.10
Vysoc
post Feb 22 2010, 01:33 PM
Post #1

Vysoc

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,737
Region Association: South East States

Attached Image44 Flying LizardAttached ImageAston MartinAttached ImageOOPS Off CourseAttached ImageAston MartinAttached Image45 Flying LizardAttached ImageFerrari

Here are some photo's from this mornings Sebring 12 Hour Winter Testing.

Enjoy,

Vysoc
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 14)
Vysoc
post Feb 22 2010, 01:47 PM
Post #2

Vysoc

Attached ImageBMW = JOY?Attached ImageFalken GT3 RSR - Looking pretty racyAttached ImageWe're Back...RS SpyderAttached ImageBest Sounding Unit on the trackAttached ImageDyson Lola MazdaAttached ImagePatron Ferrari
+Quote Post
Vysoc
post Feb 22 2010, 02:04 PM
Post #3

Vysoc

Attached ImageAston Martin Gulf
Attached Image3 Wheelin, next lap he spun right in front of us.Attached ImagePatron Acura
Attached ImageAstom Martin...Great Sound
Attached Image3 Wheelin at the Turn 17 bump
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Feb 22 2010, 02:11 PM
Post #4

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

Why did you spread the pics into multiple threads? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Vysoc
post Feb 22 2010, 02:15 PM
Post #5

Vysoc

I could only get 6 pictures per setting and I did not know how to link them?

Sorry?
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Feb 22 2010, 02:18 PM
Post #6

Resident German

QUOTE(Vysoc @ Feb 22 2010, 12:15 PM) *

I could only get 6 pictures per setting and I did not know how to link them?

That's per post. You can have as many posts per thread as you like. Each post having pictures.

No need to start a new thread for each picture ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Feb 22 2010, 02:20 PM
Post #7

Resident German

Threads merged ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)
+Quote Post
Vysoc
post Feb 22 2010, 02:25 PM
Post #8

Vysoc

Thanks Andy!!!
+Quote Post
maf914
post Feb 22 2010, 03:27 PM
Post #9

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632
Region Association: None

Vysoc, Thanks for the photos.

I am still debating whether to attend this year or not. The LMP1 and LMP2 car count keeps dropping. Great GT2 field though. We'll see.
+Quote Post
Zimms
post Feb 22 2010, 05:01 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 5,565
Region Association: Upper MidWest

+1. Kick Ass! 25 days to the race! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Where were you in turn 17 when you got the Aston Martin on 3 wheels? I want to get some shots from there, but the Porsche Platz is there with restricted access to the grandstand in that corner. Plus there is that high safety fence.

I read the Jag is just getting competative with the GT-C cars! It doesn't sound like a long race for RCR.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Feb 22 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #11

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623

Zimm, during the race weekend just walk into the PorschePlatz like you own the place. That's what I do.

T.C.
+Quote Post
Vysoc
post Feb 22 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #12

Vysoc

I was expecting multiple pictures from TC as he gets the really good stuff. I got up this morning and drove through the rain from Bonita and Hour and a half north to Sebring, rain cleared in LaBelle and by the time I got to Sebring things were really clear and dry. Took these photo's and was back to work by 1:30. There were alot of new cars on the track, the early off is the new group of Prototypes in turn 3, the BMW also tried its hand at orange sand plowing. The new Jaguar was on hand, remember it is the official car of the 2010 Sebring 12 Hours, they now have there own bridge. Unfortunately it is very early in its learning curve. what did they say in Animal House? Slow, Big & Ugly is a no way to go through life?...its not that bad but it did not look good...I do have photo's and will add tomorrow. Just my opinion but the two new Patron Ferrari's looked pretty impressive, the Falken Porsche looked to be noticebly quicker and the Gulf Livery Aston Martin was just awesome even though they spun coming around turn 17 in front of us.
Can this be true no Audi this year, I spoke to a local that said they rented the track for 30 hours after the 12 Hours of Sebring, but are not going to compete?
They are working on their cars for LeMans???? Problem with front end aero package?

I got the shots on turn 17 from on top of cement dividers back between where the Corvette Corall and the Porsche Corall normally are, this is a great area to watch as the cars really get close to the wall coming around. I saw the cars bouncing so badly that I zoomed in to see if there would be a wheel up, the Dyson Lola Mazda took it into the tire wall earlier on 17 but escaped without damage. Both Flying Lizards looked good along with the evil Risi 62 Ferrari. No Corvettes today or Panoz, the BMW's also seem to be up to speed. I need to check the speed charts but that was my impression. With a fairly weak LMP 1 field (sorry I forgot Peugot), a strong LMP2 could challenge for the overall win .........RS Spyder????

Just my opinion?

Vysoc (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
carr914
post Feb 22 2010, 09:18 PM
Post #13

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623

QUOTE(Vysoc @ Feb 22 2010, 09:53 PM) *

I was expecting multiple pictures from TC as he gets the really good stuff. I got up this morning and drove through the rain from Bonita and Hour and a half north to Sebring, rain cleared in LaBelle and by the time I got to Sebring things were really clear and dry. Took these photo's and was back to work by 1:30. There were alot of new cars on the track, the early off is the new group of Prototypes in turn 3, the BMW also tried its hand at orange sand plowing. The new Jaguar was on hand, remember it is the official car of the 2010 Sebring 12 Hours, they now have there own bridge. Unfortunately it is very early in its learning curve. what did they say in Animal House? Slow, Big & Ugly is a no way to go through life?...its not that bad but it did not look good...I do have photo's and will add tomorrow. Just my opinion but the two new Patron Ferrari's looked pretty impressive, the Falken Porsche looked to be noticebly quicker and the Gulf Livery Aston Martin was just awesome even though they spun coming around turn 17 in front of us.
Can this be true no Audi this year, I spoke to a local that said they rented the track for 30 hours after the 12 Hours of Sebring, but are not going to compete?
They are working on their cars for LeMans???? Problem with front end aero package?

I got the shots on turn 17 from on top of cement dividers back between where the Corvette Corall and the Porsche Corall normally are, this is a great area to watch as the cars really get close to the wall coming around. I saw the cars bouncing so badly that I zoomed in to see if there would be a wheel up, the Dyson Lola Mazda took it into the tire wall earlier on 17 but escaped without damage. Both Flying Lizards looked good along with the evil Risi 62 Ferrari. No Corvettes today or Panoz, the BMW's also seem to be up to speed. I need to check the speed charts but that was my impression. With a fairly weak LMP 1 field (sorry I forgot Peugot), a strong LMP2 could challenge for the overall win .........RS Spyder????

Just my opinion?

Vysoc (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

I've been to Sebring 2 out of the last 3 weekends, so I skipped the Test. The Corvettes had a private test last week.

Jaguar not only has a bridge the Main Tower has also been named the Jaguar Tower

Also remember that Sebring is being run to ACO rules, so there will be a LMP1 and a LMP2 class vs the rest of the year they will be equilizing the cars for a compined LMP class

T.C.
+Quote Post
Zimms
post Feb 23 2010, 07:28 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 5,565
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Thanks TC and Vysoc!
+Quote Post
Vysoc
post Feb 24 2010, 10:48 AM
Post #15

Vysoc

Aston Martin on 3 wheels again!
Attached Image
Jaguar
Attached Image
Jaguar
Attached Image
Jaguar
Attached Image
Jaguar Bridge on front stretch
Attached Image
Bmw plowing orange sand
Attached Image

Sorry forgot to send the Jaguar photo's and I found another one of the Aston on 3 Wheels.

Vysoc

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2024 - 09:08 AM