Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Methanol Injection Turbo Intercooler GURU needed, Do i really need intercooler??
budman5201
post Feb 22 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,635

I was considering pure meth injection with a full tune again, but eliminating my intercooler. (PURPOSE is to run normal gas and fill up on 1 gallon of meth every 2-3 tanks.) Also less weight, intercooler, water lines, pump, front heat exchanger, etc...(about 42 lbs total)

please chime in guys that have installed Meth injection on their turbo or supercharged cars and what is the temperature drop?

Can the temp drop be close to my intercooler temp drop? so i wont need the intercooler?

Can the PURE meth injection drop the temp close and have the octance boost make up for the difference in fuel requirement so i can eliminate my need for intercooler?

I run 110 octance right now when i am at 19 lbs boost

I run 91 octane when only 12 lbs boost , both scenarios no prob with engine.

KNOWLEDGE of direct experience needed before i take this step....thanks guys!!

oh also just a note, i am barely on boost once i hit it. ONce i start to hit it, i almost to need to slow down.....DAMN speed limit. 1-2.5 secs each gear, except when on freeway. 5-8 secs on boost at 65mph-95mph
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 10:50 AM