Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> brake help
sixers34926
post Feb 23 2010, 01:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,352
Region Association: None

i just installed new brake pads on my 73 2.0 and when i first installed the pads they did not touch the rotors. But after spinning the tire and testing the brakes the rotors are now rubbing up against the rotors when the tires spin. is this normal? If not what are some possible solutions?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
ConeDodger
post Feb 23 2010, 09:15 AM
Post #2

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(sixers34926 @ Feb 22 2010, 11:16 PM) *

i just installed new brake pads on my 73 2.0 and when i first installed the pads they did not touch the rotors. But after spinning the tire and testing the brakes the rotors are now rubbing up against the rotors when the tires spin. is this normal? If not what are some possible solutions?

Hi Sixers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
I think you meant to say that the pads are now rubbing against the rotors? If so, this is normal. It sounds like your caliper pistons were pushed out for the brake work and when you pumped the brakes the moved back in. Might I suggest bleeding them too while you are in the mood for brake work.
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Feb 23 2010, 10:03 AM
Post #3

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Fronts? Rears?

Are the axles torqued in place on the rears? (220ftlbs)

Did you re-set the venting clearance on the rears now?

Fronts can rub a tad while your knockback mechanisms' get set in place with the new pads. Take it out and bed in your pads:

http://www.pmbperformance.com/page/page/1492423.htm

Rears are a little more difficult. You'll need to set the venting clearance. There is a procedure here (in a thread) for that. Search is your friend. The car must have the axles in and torqued to spec befor you do this procedure.

Once everything is set and your pads are bedded in, you should have some awesome brakes.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 07:40 PM