Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixers34926
i just installed new brake pads on my 73 2.0 and when i first installed the pads they did not touch the rotors. But after spinning the tire and testing the brakes the rotors are now rubbing up against the rotors when the tires spin. is this normal? If not what are some possible solutions?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sixers34926 @ Feb 22 2010, 11:16 PM) *

i just installed new brake pads on my 73 2.0 and when i first installed the pads they did not touch the rotors. But after spinning the tire and testing the brakes the rotors are now rubbing up against the rotors when the tires spin. is this normal? If not what are some possible solutions?

Hi Sixers welcome.png
I think you meant to say that the pads are now rubbing against the rotors? If so, this is normal. It sounds like your caliper pistons were pushed out for the brake work and when you pumped the brakes the moved back in. Might I suggest bleeding them too while you are in the mood for brake work.
Eric_Shea
Fronts? Rears?

Are the axles torqued in place on the rears? (220ftlbs)

Did you re-set the venting clearance on the rears now?

Fronts can rub a tad while your knockback mechanisms' get set in place with the new pads. Take it out and bed in your pads:

http://www.pmbperformance.com/page/page/1492423.htm

Rears are a little more difficult. You'll need to set the venting clearance. There is a procedure here (in a thread) for that. Search is your friend. The car must have the axles in and torqued to spec befor you do this procedure.

Once everything is set and your pads are bedded in, you should have some awesome brakes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.