Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> oil PSI gauge, do you guys run one?
wayne1234
post Feb 24 2010, 09:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,238
Region Association: None

the PO had the gauges in the console but not hooked up... he gave ma a dual sender with the car I hooked it up when we put the engine in,,, and it didnt send any signal, so it might be the wrong one or maybe it was just plain defect, either way I hooked up a new factory idiot light sender so I could verify I had oil pressure, which I do, so now I'm trying to decide if I need to run the psi gauge... mine is a stock set up only with carbs and a slight cam. I have read there is a slight issue with the dual sender making the dash light flicker possibly. so I would probably put in a T so I could run the factory light trigger sensor also.... So should I get a single sender for the VDO gauge? are all the VDO senders the same??? This one is amaller because he had a bunch of electrical tape holding it in the rubber ring... I cant raelly read the numbers on the side... just kinda taking a poll do you runa a PSI gauge??? if so did you use 2 senders? if not and are using a dual sender, do you get the flickering light??? Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 06:44 PM