Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rover V8 bench start - video, We have ignition!
Cheapsnake
post Mar 3 2010, 09:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,341

After months of teardown, cleaning, machining, fabricating, replacing and tweaking I finally got to the point of lighting the fire. I did a bench start so I could locate and fix any bugs out in the open vs in the car. Turns out it started and ran so nicely it was almost anticlimatic. However, anybody that's ever done a first start after a rebuild, especially a highly modified rebuild knows what a gut-wrenching experience it is and what a thrill it is when it actually starts and runs!!!

OK, so here's the spec's: Rover 3.5 block and rotating assembly, 4.0 heads and headers (higher compression and better breathing), Crane 282* cam, Buick 215 oil pan, timing cover and intake manifold, Rochester Quadrajet carb, remote CSR water pump. Note that the distributor and coil are there just for the bench start. Once in the car an EDIS/Megajolt ignition system will take over the firing duties, saves a good 1" clearance between the firewall and distributor, plus it delivers much more accurate timing. Here goes:

(IMG:http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f123/Cheapsnake/th_rover.jpg)

Tom
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 07:49 AM