Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Wish my brain would stop, but it just won't
underthetire
post Mar 4 2010, 10:34 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,623
Region Association: Northern California

I was thinking, with the limited/no availability of parts for the D-jets, what could we do? For me, no problem, aftermarket FI. I don't care too much about being original. But the other guys that want to keep the stock look... I'm sure the Megasquirt computer would fit in the D-jet brain box very easy. You could I think use the factory harness to the box, and even the factory connector, just some wiring in the box from the factory plug to the MS unit. I think you could even use the stock FI points to trigger if you wanted too by adding a pull-up resistor inside the box. Next was the MPS unit. I think it would be pretty easy to install the GM 3.5 bar map sensor INSIDE the old MPS unit, and use the existing vacuum source and plug. It might be even possible to get the GM TPS under the plastic stock throttle position switch cover, and use that connector. The head temp sensor is a no brainer, so is the air temp sensor. You don't really need a O2 sensor, even though it is nice to have. The rest of the stuff for the Djet could be just left in place for cosmetic reasons at this point. Might even be able to use the stock mixture knob with a pot under it to sorta control mixture, using it as a kind of manual O2 sensor. Dam my brain (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 04:12 PM