Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Wiring MSD 6AL to 3.0 6
bag5rcg
post Mar 8 2010, 01:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,607

Hi Gang,

Has anybody out there wired up an MSD 6AL to a 3.0 6 with a regulated alternator?....I am afraid to play too hard with it because I don't want to start burning up components (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blowup.gif) during the effort which would lead to chasing several problems rather than one.

I also cannot get my car to do ANYTHING with the relay board attached (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) ....I am playing with the idea of bypassing the relay board all together by replacing the female style plug (on the engine side) with a male style plug that would plug into the chassis plug directly (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) ....
Any thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated..This is the very last engineering hurdle in a 4 year restore/6 conversion

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 07:57 PM