Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brakelight switches Hmmmm
Duffster
post Mar 27 2004, 11:06 PM
Post #1

OFWG

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,087

What a wonderful day, getting in touch with my "inner red neck", trying to figure out why I don't have brake lights, all of a sudden. I know, I know, I should have been at Fontana, but with my new bridge abutment brakes, I really didn't want to chance an unannounced stop in front of an Expedition with a 12 inch lift and 37 inch tires driven by a 100 pound mom on her cell phone. Those diffie bumps on your head really hurt, plus the tire tracks on the trunk lid...don't get me started!

After diving myself nuttier trying to locate non-existent electrical gremlins, I found that the pedal didn't have enough travel to actuate the switch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) When the new mc went in, the brakes bled out so hard that I've only got about an inch and a half of play. Well, I had to break one ear off the switch trying to bend the bracket far enough to get the switch to make contact.

Anyone got any hints about making this thing work without softening the pedal???

All help would be greatly appreciated ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_flagge6.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
agentblr
post Mar 27 2004, 11:18 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,595

Check the rod that the brake pedal rest on ,if you pull it up then you should have about 1/16 of lash if not the rod is adjustable,also check that large washer that activates the switch,you can change the travel by adding or taking away the smaller washers behind it. Super firm pedal.......sound like a problem more of us need. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Mar 28 2004, 12:42 AM
Post #3

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) what he ^^^ said ...

the rod is adjustable. you should be able to get a bit closer to the floorborad.

that will also help with your heel/toe action! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Andy
+Quote Post
Duffster
post Mar 30 2004, 11:58 PM
Post #4

OFWG

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,087

Gentlemen...

Thankyouverymuch! It's a 25mm MB master cylinder, ('s how that pedal got so hard). I wound up pulling the bracket on the pedal base and making the washer go further toward the cylinder itself, after thinking about the implications of agentblr's response. Worked like the proverbial charm. Even got the aluminum accelerator pedal to fit with a bit of, uh... help. And best of all, I still had time for a quick trip out through the orange groves with the top off to enjoy the fruits of my labors (and your wisdom). Thank you again! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
iiibdsiil
post Mar 31 2004, 12:05 AM
Post #5

Needs Door Locks

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,362

25 MM?!? My frigin' 23 is bad enough. I'm just a little guy, half the time I drive the thing my leg hurts, so I just down shift to help.

- Brett Smith
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 12:09 AM