Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brakelight switches Hmmmm
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Duffster
What a wonderful day, getting in touch with my "inner red neck", trying to figure out why I don't have brake lights, all of a sudden. I know, I know, I should have been at Fontana, but with my new bridge abutment brakes, I really didn't want to chance an unannounced stop in front of an Expedition with a 12 inch lift and 37 inch tires driven by a 100 pound mom on her cell phone. Those diffie bumps on your head really hurt, plus the tire tracks on the trunk lid...don't get me started!

After diving myself nuttier trying to locate non-existent electrical gremlins, I found that the pedal didn't have enough travel to actuate the switch blink.gif When the new mc went in, the brakes bled out so hard that I've only got about an inch and a half of play. Well, I had to break one ear off the switch trying to bend the bracket far enough to get the switch to make contact.

Anyone got any hints about making this thing work without softening the pedal???

All help would be greatly appreciated ! smilie_flagge6.gif
agentblr
Check the rod that the brake pedal rest on ,if you pull it up then you should have about 1/16 of lash if not the rod is adjustable,also check that large washer that activates the switch,you can change the travel by adding or taking away the smaller washers behind it. Super firm pedal.......sound like a problem more of us need. smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
agree.gif what he ^^^ said ...

the rod is adjustable. you should be able to get a bit closer to the floorborad.

that will also help with your heel/toe action! wink.gif
Andy
Duffster
Gentlemen...

Thankyouverymuch! It's a 25mm MB master cylinder, ('s how that pedal got so hard). I wound up pulling the bracket on the pedal base and making the washer go further toward the cylinder itself, after thinking about the implications of agentblr's response. Worked like the proverbial charm. Even got the aluminum accelerator pedal to fit with a bit of, uh... help. And best of all, I still had time for a quick trip out through the orange groves with the top off to enjoy the fruits of my labors (and your wisdom). Thank you again! beer.gif
iiibdsiil
25 MM?!? My frigin' 23 is bad enough. I'm just a little guy, half the time I drive the thing my leg hurts, so I just down shift to help.

- Brett Smith
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.