Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hot Spark = No Spark
pyolet
post Mar 10 2010, 12:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,093
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Guess I picked Hot Spark 'cause I wanted some new technology, it was cheap on Ebay, and it wasn't Pertronix.

It worked fine for about 2 minutes run time. Then Hot Spark became No Spark.

I pulled my engine to clean (recent purchase) after initial Hot Spark successful install, and once engine was reinstalled, I only got intermittent fire for a few minutes, then nada.

After confirming all wiring wasn't queeped, I yanked the No Spark and put the points back in, and she runs perfectly.

Got an extra set of points to throw in the glove box and threw the Hot Spark in the trash. Hot Spark is not reliable IMO and not ready for the long haul.....my $.02.

No I never reversed polarity and my coil is fine. It's just Chinese garbage and thank the gods I didn't get stuck out in the middle of nowhere.....

Woody.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
pyolet   Hot Spark = No Spark   Mar 10 2010, 12:20 AM
underthetire   Guess I picked Hot Spark 'cause I wanted some...   Mar 10 2010, 12:33 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 01:45 PM