Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hot Spark = No Spark
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pyolet
Guess I picked Hot Spark 'cause I wanted some new technology, it was cheap on Ebay, and it wasn't Pertronix.

It worked fine for about 2 minutes run time. Then Hot Spark became No Spark.

I pulled my engine to clean (recent purchase) after initial Hot Spark successful install, and once engine was reinstalled, I only got intermittent fire for a few minutes, then nada.

After confirming all wiring wasn't queeped, I yanked the No Spark and put the points back in, and she runs perfectly.

Got an extra set of points to throw in the glove box and threw the Hot Spark in the trash. Hot Spark is not reliable IMO and not ready for the long haul.....my $.02.

No I never reversed polarity and my coil is fine. It's just Chinese garbage and thank the gods I didn't get stuck out in the middle of nowhere.....

Woody.

underthetire
QUOTE(pyolet @ Mar 9 2010, 10:20 PM) *

Guess I picked Hot Spark 'cause I wanted some new technology, it was cheap on Ebay, and it wasn't Pertronix.

It worked fine for about 2 minutes run time. Then Hot Spark became No Spark.

I pulled my engine to clean (recent purchase) after initial Hot Spark successful install, and once engine was reinstalled, I only got intermittent fire for a few minutes, then nada.

After confirming all wiring wasn't queeped, I yanked the No Spark and put the points back in, and she runs perfectly.

Got an extra set of points to throw in the glove box and threw the Hot Spark in the trash. Hot Spark is not reliable IMO and not ready for the long haul.....my $.02.

No I never reversed polarity and my coil is fine. It's just Chinese garbage and thank the gods I didn't get stuck out in the middle of nowhere.....

Woody.

I never had an issue with mine, till my small fire. The company will stand behind the product, as they have a 3 year warranty. Call them in texas and talk to them before you trash a good product on the internet. You want chinese garbage, that would be the Empi one. Also, make sure the braided ground cable is in good shape inside the dizzy. They use that for signal noise reduction.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.