Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Insults, Gotten any?
VaccaRabite
post Mar 11 2010, 08:17 PM
Post #21

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 11 2010, 09:15 PM) *

Hey Brent - I find that giving them the "Un-finger" utterly befuddles them (i.e.: "that finger" down & leaving the space, with other fingers up). After all - F-ing is pretty fun stuff, & certainly too good for most of those a-holes! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Reverse shocker? Nasty...

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Mar 11 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #22

on ramp passer

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,354
Region Association: None

QUOTE(patssle @ Mar 11 2010, 05:38 PM) *

Well I got my first insult today. Was driving down a 4 lane road...guy passing me on the right yells out his window from his big SUV...

"Your car sounds like a lawnmower".

So I have the most expensive 2.0L /4 lawnmower in Houston. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Idiots are always amusing.

Has anybody else been insulted on the open road about your "fake" Porsche or small engine?

You should have simply smiled and said " Nice truck, sorry about your dick!".

Shoe
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Mar 11 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #23

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

I've never gotten anything but thumbs up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) only "complaint" was ever about the noise... and that was my old apartment complex... because I would leave for work at 6am, and was in the back of the complex, I had to basically go by most of the apartments in the complex...
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Mar 11 2010, 08:43 PM
Post #24

914 Guru

Member No.: 116

When I had my 3.2 six conversion I had a guy pull up next to me in a new Boxster S. We were both waiting at a onramp light to get on the freeway, 2 lanes merge to one. Anyhow I look over and say nice Boxster, he looks over with his blue tooth in his ear and kinda smirks and chuckles. Needless to say when the light went green, my 3.2 ate his 3.2 for lunch. After that he would not even look over at me when he repassed me on the highway.

Ferg (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
whatabout1
post Mar 11 2010, 08:47 PM
Post #25

Toys in Red

Member No.: 5,676

Augh. Never knew Porsche made a 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)
+Quote Post
black73
post Mar 11 2010, 08:51 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 3,801
Region Association: South East States

"What is that, a Fiat?"
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Mar 11 2010, 09:21 PM
Post #27

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

Best one was a complement from a teenage girl gas attendant, local Sunoco, just miles from Mosport raceway. Doing a fill she was looking at my car saying "I hate Porsche's because their so ugly...but this one is really cute!
The guy in the pimped out C4 beside me was not impressed.
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Mar 11 2010, 09:26 PM
Post #28

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(underthetire @ Mar 11 2010, 07:09 PM) *

I get the that thing smells like crap. People are so used to cat converters now.

Yeah, most don't remember the smells that eminated from pre-cat cars.

In a town 5 miles from me (Lansdale, PA) they have any all day cruise-in every Saturday during the summer. Some of the sweatest muscle rods from the 60's & 70's just drive all day up & down Broad. The aromas from these high octane beasts are unbelievable! But, that's how it was back then. Lotsa unburned hydrocarbons! I love it!
Pat
+Quote Post
1968Cayman
post Mar 11 2010, 09:29 PM
Post #29

Redacted by Irving Washington

Member No.: 11,332

On the brightside-

My UPS guy- who usually only has time to throw a package at me before sprinting back to the truck- actually ducked his head in the garage today and said, "Wow! Two Porsches!" And here I've been calling it a 411.
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Mar 11 2010, 09:35 PM
Post #30

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Mar 11 2010, 07:29 PM) *

In the early 70'sthe worst Insults came from the 911 owners.
They never considered the 914 or the 914-6 a REAL Porsche.
I went to 1 PCA Event back then and their arrogance was
amazing I never went back.

When I got me 72 one of the first "options" I put into it was a foglight flasher, so I could give the "Porsche flash" to others.

My first flashes back (at least a year later) were from 911's. I have never gotten a flashback from a 356. Remember, it was the 356 contingent that wanted 914's banned from PCA. Hell, they still had a burr up the ass for 911's back then!

Yet, some of my best buds from that era turned out to be 356 people. Go figure!
But, I've never had an insult from a "civilan".
Pat
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Mar 11 2010, 10:32 PM
Post #31

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

The following story happened after a co-worker decided to insult my "Lola"! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Well I got into a heated discussion with one of the directors of engineering about my "VW". He kept saying "It's not a porsche, you need to take those porsche letters off that VW". I told him, "Who do you think designed the VW bug" and "why do you think the 356 looks just like a VW inside and out"? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) He then kept up with praising his brand new 500HP Shelby Mustang (I have a bad habit of not backing down when challenged) I then made the comment about how his so called mustang was just a ford falcon on steroids. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) Then I decided to ask him if he wanted to race for pink slips? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) Of course he laughed and asked "what do you have in there"? Told him it was stock 2.0. By this point there were several engineers and project managers listening, laughing and making wise ass remarks about our "loud" conversation and he was visibly upset at me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) cause I had the nerve to challenge his wonderful car in front of our peers. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) Now, after about 2 days of people (office gossip) talking about how I was going to lose my car and some people even saying "what if I win". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) the director came to my desk a little pissed and said to me he would race me anytime and anywhere! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) I laughed, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) and said "if just in the slightest chance I win (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) , are you prepared to sign that 60k car over to me"? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) To make a long story short (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif) , he ended the conversation with "you have to have a turbo or something in there and I did some checking on-line. If you have a 250HP turbo'd motor, your half the HP but half the weight so it would be a good race". He then asked me (which was funny) if we can call it a draw? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/KMA.gif) Since then (about 2 years ago) He hasn't made any remarks about my "fake" porsche. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
orange914
post Mar 11 2010, 11:21 PM
Post #32

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(bfrymire @ Mar 11 2010, 04:34 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Mar 11 2010, 04:09 PM) *

I get the that thing smells like crap. People are so used to cat converters now.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I had an old lady hold her nose when I drove past her. She looked a little irritated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

-- brett

she's probably the type that forgets anyone else is stopped at a light next to her as she digs out a booger (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

how about the brain deads that get mad at you for filling your gas cans in the front trunck... oops (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
914junkie
post Mar 11 2010, 11:46 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 9,848

Yah, I've got plenty of insults over the past 17 years or so of 914 ownership. All the usual NARP, "over glorified Volkswagen" and "Poor mans Porsche" crap.
But just last weekend I was out for a drive with the roof off on a nice sunny day, sitting at a stoplight and some jackass yells across two lanes of traffic "UGLY PORSH!" I wasn't even insulted, all I could think was, what an asshole. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)
Typically anytime someone talks shit about a 914 (or anything else for that matter) I simply ask them, "Oh ya, what can you tell me about them?" Usually they don't have the slightest clue. It shut's them up real quick (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
I love my Ugly Porsh (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) Teeners Rock! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Mar 12 2010, 12:24 AM
Post #34

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

I've heard many times that it LOOKS like a lawnmower, but not sounds like a lawnmower...
+Quote Post
turnaround89
post Mar 12 2010, 01:34 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 9,067
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I had the top off one night and someone spit on my car...oh well, they're just pissed off that a kid that is 10 years younger then they are has a WAY nicer car then they'll ever have.

Ive gotten nice vw all the time...its not worth explaining to people that you won't find a 914 in the vw museum in wolfsburg but would find one in porsches in stuttgart.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Mar 12 2010, 01:42 AM
Post #36

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

The worst I got was from another 914 owner at 2008 WCR. He drove by me slowed & said. Dude your 914 is leaking radiator fluid (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) . Damned if he wasn't right (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) . Then he laughed as he drove on by. Okay I wasn't offended. If I wasn't pissed that my car was breaking down. I would have laughed my ass off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
zymurgist
post Mar 12 2010, 06:44 AM
Post #37

"Ace" Mechanic

Member No.: 4,238

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 11 2010, 09:35 PM) *

You should have simply smiled and said " Nice truck, sorry about your dick!".

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
zymurgist
post Mar 12 2010, 06:46 AM
Post #38

"Ace" Mechanic

Member No.: 4,238

QUOTE(1968Cayman @ Mar 11 2010, 10:29 PM) *

On the brightside-

My UPS guy- who usually only has time to throw a package at me before sprinting back to the truck- actually ducked his head in the garage today and said, "Wow! Two Porsches!" And here I've been calling it a 411.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

BTW

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
veltror
post Mar 12 2010, 07:26 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 8,978

Someone once said

"Oi, mate is that a real pawsh"

"no, it's a fucking hologram"
+Quote Post
jt914-6
post Mar 12 2010, 07:49 AM
Post #40

Driving & working on teeners 41 years

Member No.: 9,003

Was at a gas station last Sept. at the MUSR in Hot Springs filling up. Some teenagers leaving the station yells out "that car is shit". Now it is hard to keep up with the younger slang. My girlfriend said that was a compliment.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) I thought they were insulting the car and was ready to fight.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 08:28 AM