Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Accelerator cable, cable
manny
post Mar 28 2004, 02:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,857

Could anyone give me some advice concerning the replacement of a throttle cable. I remove the old one using a string as a guide but the new one won't go in. I've tried for hours to no avail. Could anyone help out. Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jeffs9146
post Mar 28 2004, 03:36 PM
Post #2

Ski Bum

Member No.: 128

Accelerator Cable Thread

Here is a quick thread of how others have done it! The string is attached to far down the cable and the head of the cable is catching on the clutch cable or something else.

Jeff
+Quote Post
914ghost
post Mar 28 2004, 08:29 PM
Post #3

BOB

Member No.: 1,387

Same here-
I replaced mine a couple days ago had the same problem.
I cut the old one and pulled it out from the back.
But the new one would only go in about 20".
I Used a straightened coat hanger fed in the tube from the rear to try and dislodge the block, no luck. So I put the hanger in the drill and put a little bend in the end and fed it in the tube while drilling (home made flexible cleaner-outer). Did this for 45 minutes. No luck. I assume theres a bit of weld or something inside the tube making it impossible to feed the threaded end back through.
SO, I cut my NEW TERRY CABLE (ouch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) ) about 5" from the front end and fed it through and 'spliced' it back together at the front. It sucks, but its pretty solid and my throttle is noe smoooth as silk.
Sorry, its the best answer I have.
-Bob O
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 06:18 AM