Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accelerator cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
manny
Could anyone give me some advice concerning the replacement of a throttle cable. I remove the old one using a string as a guide but the new one won't go in. I've tried for hours to no avail. Could anyone help out. Thanks
Jeffs9146
Accelerator Cable Thread

Here is a quick thread of how others have done it! The string is attached to far down the cable and the head of the cable is catching on the clutch cable or something else.

Jeff
914ghost
Same here-
I replaced mine a couple days ago had the same problem.
I cut the old one and pulled it out from the back.
But the new one would only go in about 20".
I Used a straightened coat hanger fed in the tube from the rear to try and dislodge the block, no luck. So I put the hanger in the drill and put a little bend in the end and fed it in the tube while drilling (home made flexible cleaner-outer). Did this for 45 minutes. No luck. I assume theres a bit of weld or something inside the tube making it impossible to feed the threaded end back through.
SO, I cut my NEW TERRY CABLE (ouch sad.gif ) about 5" from the front end and fed it through and 'spliced' it back together at the front. It sucks, but its pretty solid and my throttle is noe smoooth as silk.
Sorry, its the best answer I have.
-Bob O
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.