Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Got Laid Off, May have to sell six
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Mar 16 2010, 10:26 AM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

QUOTE(jfort @ Mar 13 2010, 01:29 PM) *

George, I am one on those jack of all trades, master of, well, maybe a few. Attorney, engineer, most recently operations engineer for a natural gas company, partner at a law firm for 20 years. I really got blind-sided in a corporate downsize.

Wow! Sounds like you have quite the skill set! I bet that you could simply hang out your shingle and make a good living! Sounds like ANYONE would be happy to have you work for them as well with dual degrees and all of that stable work history.
I sympathize with you living in Ohio. I KNOW that it is hard to find work there of any kind. We of course here in Georgia recently stole one of your companies NCR!

I congratulate your skills, unlike me with NO skill sets what so ever. If I ever get laid off from this place NO ONE will hire me!!!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Mar 16 2010, 11:27 AM
Post #22

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 16 2010, 08:26 AM) *

If I ever get laid off from this place NO ONE will hire me!!!!!

You can move to "Cali" and be my personal adviser for all things 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I've got a spare bedroom, a full fridge and 3 1/2 914s ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
charliew
post Mar 16 2010, 08:49 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,958

Dang I didn't know NCR moved to georgia. I spent three cold weeks in dayton in 75 over christmas and new years training on the class 775, a new electronic proof machine. I never saw so much dirty snow in parking lots. I drove a 62 chevy ncr panel truck there from tx. It took 20 hours. They sold it to me for 150.00. it was a 235 six with ac and three speed that I added a overdrive tranny to. It ended up with a 327 and made a good fishing and hunting wagon. I don't miss dayton even a little but I do miss NCR, back then it was a great co. The school in dayton had all the buildings connected with glass enclosed walkways between the buildings. They set up a keg every day after class in the cafeteria.

Eastman Kodak is a different story they can turn to dust as far as I'm concerned.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 02:33 PM