Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> how many ground points under the dash ?
rfuerst911sc
post Mar 15 2010, 05:10 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,980
Region Association: South East States

I'm chasing some crazy electrical gremlin on my 75 chassis. Where are all the ground points located for the dash ? I found one above the fuse panel and one ( I think ) near the radio opening. Any others ? When the key is in run position and I pull the headlight switch the wipers do a rotation (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) This does it even with the wiper relay pulled so I think I have a ground issue. The battery ground cable is brand new. The chassis to transmission ground strap is brand new. All the headlight grounds have been cleaned and reseated. Still can't get the lights to popup and I have this funky windshield wiper issue. And when I flip on the headlight switch my temp gauge goes full hot and my voltage gauge goes full negative. Time for a exorcist (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Mar 15 2010, 05:40 PM
Post #2

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

Im not certain that the wipers are part of the headlight circuitry but it would not surprise me. There is alot of stuff going through that headlight switch.

BUT
If you have the intermitent wiper relay....its located under the hood, passenger side cowl support. That may be getting power via the headlight circuit (you said it only runs once) so look for a square relay under the hood and check your wiring.

Rich
+Quote Post
rfuerst911sc
post Mar 15 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,980
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 15 2010, 03:40 PM) *

Im not certain that the wipers are part of the headlight circuitry but it would not surprise me. There is alot of stuff going through that headlight switch.

BUT
If you have the intermitent wiper relay....its located under the hood, passenger side cowl support. That may be getting power via the headlight circuit (you said it only runs once) so look for a square relay under the hood and check your wiring.

Rich

Rich not sure if my car has intermitant wipers but it does have a relay but on the drivers side cowl support. Even with this pulled the wipers activate when the headlight switch is activated.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:09 PM