Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> VTO Performance (formerly Pack Racing) 16x7 Superlite Tire options
Heckler
post Mar 19 2010, 12:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,549

I was hoping that others like Nick Mironov who have these wheels could share their findings on tires that worked...

Nick's Thread

Wheels from VTO

I've got a bone stock (suspension/fenders/etc) '73 2.0L that I would like to consider these wheels for; but, am concerned about the inference tolerances that Nick observed with the 205/55/16 BF Goodrich G-Force Sports he used... My rear springs could probably also be classified as a little saggy as well, but I'm hoping to be able to do wheels/tires before I address the whole suspension replacement/setup, not just the rear springs (is there a "rule of thumb" for determining how tired your springs/suspension are based on ride height or ??).

Since Tire Rack put's the section width for Nick's 205/55/16 BFG G-Sports on a 6.5" rim at 8.4" (which Tire Rack's guidance would tell you to increase that to 8.6" for a 7" rim), I was wondering if there would be any benefit to the likes of a Bridgestone Potenza SO-2 which comes in 7.8" N3 Porsche on 6" or 8.1" Standard on 6.5" section widths (increased to 8.2 and 8.3 respectively)? I also wondered if a 205/50/16 would be less likely to have interference issues due it's lower profile (though admittedly the speedometer would run ~6.2% fast instead of ~3.0% fast with the 205/55/16)...?

Thoughts/Advice/Suggestions?

Thanks!,
Dave
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:26 PM