Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VTO Performance (formerly Pack Racing) 16x7 Superlite Tire options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Heckler
I was hoping that others like Nick Mironov who have these wheels could share their findings on tires that worked...

Nick's Thread

Wheels from VTO

I've got a bone stock (suspension/fenders/etc) '73 2.0L that I would like to consider these wheels for; but, am concerned about the inference tolerances that Nick observed with the 205/55/16 BF Goodrich G-Force Sports he used... My rear springs could probably also be classified as a little saggy as well, but I'm hoping to be able to do wheels/tires before I address the whole suspension replacement/setup, not just the rear springs (is there a "rule of thumb" for determining how tired your springs/suspension are based on ride height or ??).

Since Tire Rack put's the section width for Nick's 205/55/16 BFG G-Sports on a 6.5" rim at 8.4" (which Tire Rack's guidance would tell you to increase that to 8.6" for a 7" rim), I was wondering if there would be any benefit to the likes of a Bridgestone Potenza SO-2 which comes in 7.8" N3 Porsche on 6" or 8.1" Standard on 6.5" section widths (increased to 8.2 and 8.3 respectively)? I also wondered if a 205/50/16 would be less likely to have interference issues due it's lower profile (though admittedly the speedometer would run ~6.2% fast instead of ~3.0% fast with the 205/55/16)...?

Thoughts/Advice/Suggestions?

Thanks!,
Dave
Millerwelds
Hankook k106
205-55-16

Fronts rub inner fender at full lock (only happens when parking)
Rears were fine but I did roll the fender lip just to be safe.
Gint
Interesting that they don't sell the 15x7 in 4x130 anymore. They do't even list a 4x130 fitment for a 914. Just the 5x130
pktzygt
This might not help much because they discontinued my tires. I have the old style Goodyear Eagle F1 summer tires sized 205/50r16. They don't rub at all. You could probably find the actual size of my tires and see if the newer Goodyear gs-d3 tires are the same.

As far as the fender rub.... I just rolled the dice and won. Mine don't rub on stock fenders with no roll (close though), yours might.
Heckler
QUOTE(pktzygt @ Mar 19 2010, 02:19 PM) *

This might not help much because they discontinued my tires. I have the old style Goodyear Eagle F1 summer tires sized 205/50r16. They don't rub at all. You could probably find the actual size of my tires and see if the newer Goodyear gs-d3 tires are the same.

As far as the fender rub.... I just rolled the dice and won. Mine don't rub on stock fenders with no roll (close though), yours might.

Thanks for the feedback, haven't found any older Eagle F1 specs, just newer models...

Anybody have any idea how Eagle F1s might have run (wide/narrow, tall/short) versus their specifications. Gint, you've noted that the BFGoodrich G-Force Sport that Nick Monrov used are known to run WIIIIDE for the stated spec (195s actually being nearly a 205)... I wonder how something like the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec in a 205/50/16 would run. I've been told they tend to run "narrower" than the likes of a BFG or Yoko...

Thx!,
Dave
yeahmag
I called VTO before Christmas and they still had the 15x6 and 15x7 in 914 offset, just hadn't updated the site.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.