Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Price Check: Brazillian Chrome Wheels
rjames
post Mar 19 2010, 12:08 AM
Post #1

I'm made of metal

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I have a set of 4 made in Brazil chrome wheels with hub caps that have the Porsche metal crest on them.
I was told a while back that if these were in pristine condition they would easily fetch $800+.

However, these are not in pristine condition. They are straight, but have some rust forming in the hard to reach places, and the hub caps are so-so. They look good from 10', and if the hub caps were replaced they'd really look good, but they are by no means in great shape cosmetically.
I plan to sell them locally so I don't have to ship them and I'm looking for help on what a fair price for these are. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Who knows, maybe I'll only be able to give them away. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

The only pick I have at the moment of one of them:

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Mar 19 2010, 06:18 AM
Post #2

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

I've never seen that style before, new "stock" chrome steelies are $50 each or so and hubcaps $30 ea for re-pop porsche nipple caps.
Up here at the swaps it's hard to get $50 for a set of western wheels and the like.
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Mar 19 2010, 07:00 AM
Post #3

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

It depends.....VW or Porsche 914 offset?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Mar 19 2010, 08:41 AM
Post #4

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

I haven't seen that style before either. Unfortunately Brasilian wheels all rust like that, so they'd never be worth $800 a set no matter how pristine. Get after them as soon as possible with chrome cleaner, which will remove everything except the pits and leave a wax protection. Then paint the back sides where you can't reach regularly with the chrome cleaner. As soon as they're good and pretty go find that guy who said they're worth $800+, tell him you're ready to deal and ask him to make you an offer.
+Quote Post
rjames
post Mar 19 2010, 10:02 AM
Post #5

I'm made of metal

Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I went back and found the original response when I posted these back in 2007, and was told by Pat Garvey that they would fetch ~ $500 if in perfect condition, not $800. My mistake.
I guess these are triple chromed, although that may not matter so much now since rust has begun to form in spots.

I'll get them cleaned up, post them and see what happens. Really I just want the garage space back!

BTW, the offset I measured to be 4 1/4"

Here's an old photo I found of them on the car before I removed them.

Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:52 PM