Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> '71 Six - restore now or drive?, What to do????
Cairo94507
post Mar 20 2010, 04:47 PM
Post #1

Michael

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

OK, just for discussion sake, my car would be on the road and driving with a few things:

1. Fuel system complete rebuild - Gas tank boil, seal and powder coat, fuel lines replaced with steel, fuel filter.

2. Brakes: new master cylinder, rebuild front calipers (rears appear recently redone), stainless steel brake lines, front rotors, pads and flush.

3. Oil and filter, remove and boil and seal oil tank. Fix multiple oil leaks and transmissions leaks.

4. Engine tune/valve adjustment

So my thoughts are if I do this stuff now, I could conceivably drive the car and enjoy it around town. But the above things are going to be a bit of money. So am I just throwing that money away now to be able to drive it for a couple of years first before I completely strip and rebuild the car?

I really do want to drive the car before it comes apart and while I collect parts to do the rebuild. For instance I am going to likely sell the 3.0 SC engine with Webers and 901 transaxle and replace them with a stock 3.2 w/Motronic injection and a 915 transaxle.

Anyway, just thought I would get some feedback from all of you. Thanks in advance. Cairo94507 (Michael)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 07:02 AM