Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Found my Buddy & He still has his 70 914/4, ... 1st & only owner of the CW Queen
Tom_T
post Mar 22 2010, 11:55 AM
Post #1

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Okay, so I was finally able to track down my buddy with the Red/Black 1970 914/4 which he bought new, and he still has it. I haven't seen it since the early 90's before he moved up north then back east for awhile, but he's back in "The OC" now/again.

Other than his original dealer optioned wood dash face & turned aluminum footrest plate(s), and a recent disk changer added to the glovebox & new speakers fitted into the stock housings, and an engine overhaul - I think it's otherwise as stock.

Jer's nickname was "Mr. Perfect" (read - in every way), & he always kept his baby in the garage & looking showroom new inside & out. Geez - you could eat off the fuel tank spill basin & engine! So he's a perfectly anal candidate for the CW crowd! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

IIRC - he bought a Yellow `70 Datsun pick-up (not Nissan) for a daily driver at about the same time as he got the 914 (or shortly thereafter), so he could keep the 914 as a rarely driven garage queen! I think he even required prospective girlfriends to go on 2-3 dates before they saw the 914! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I mentioned it as a prime candidate for "The Few, the rare..." & hopefully he'll get around to taking pix & post it. .... are you reading this Jer!? .... hint, hint! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I've told him about the world, WCR & local PCA OCR events - so maybe he'll get on here & also come out to the Local PCA OCR Porsches & Doughnuts, etc. He may also make it to G&R next month.

If I know in advance that he's coming, then I'll post something here in O&H for the local Teeners to come out & see a well preserved original first year /4. ... we can also try to overwhelm the tail-dragger crowd that time with a good 914 turn out.

While he has an almost perfectly preserved 914/4 - I think he can also benefit from the advice & encouragement of the CW crowd here.

Likewise, guys like Paul will have another original 70 to chum with! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Keep an eye out for a post from a Newbie with a Red 70 914/4 from OC ..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 22 2010, 11:59 AM
Post #2

TMI....

Update - his 70 914 has 62,000 +/- miles
+Quote Post
davep
post Mar 23 2010, 10:44 AM
Post #3

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

Do you happen to know the VIN? A PM is fine for that. I'm very interested in the 1969 builds.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 23 2010, 05:45 PM
Post #4

TMI....

QUOTE(davep @ Mar 23 2010, 09:44 AM) *

Do you happen to know the VIN? A PM is fine for that. I'm very interested in the 1969 builds.

Dave -

I don't have anything yet & am coaxing him to get 'er detailed up & out for PCA & world stuff, as well as posting pix here. I'll try to have a camera with me whenever I see it in person again, if he's okay with me posting info./pix.

I don't even recall if it was an early or late 70 MY, since I didn't meet him until 76-77, plus at our age - we gotz da half-zymerz - even if I did know! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 01:13 AM