Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Making Progress! Need advice on the floor now., Might sound dumb, but not sure where to cut
Gigamight
post Mar 22 2010, 03:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,454
Region Association: Middle East

First of all, a big THANK YOU to Chad ( 13b914 ) for the donation of the floor piece that I needed. You have some good karma coming your way Chad.

Now I need some advice on where and how to cut. I am replacing the rear floor area in front of the firewall on the drivers side. Can I get some advice on where to cut, or a thread where someone has documented their progress? I have looked at a lot of threads (replacing a floor is not new, I know) but I cant see if I should drill out spot welds, cut in front of the firewall or what.

I have never tackled this sort of project before, so please be patient with me. I don't want to cut in the wrong place and screw it up.

There are pics of the area in my thread linked below.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rjames
post Mar 22 2010, 05:20 PM
Post #2

I'm made of metal

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Depending on how bad it is you may need to drill out all of the spot welds on the underside around the piece you need to replace. With mine I was able to just cut the piece out from the inside and butt-weld it into place. Not sure if that was the *correct* way to do it, but it worked.

Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:23 AM