Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Making Progress! Need advice on the floor now.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gigamight
First of all, a big THANK YOU to Chad ( 13b914 ) for the donation of the floor piece that I needed. You have some good karma coming your way Chad.

Now I need some advice on where and how to cut. I am replacing the rear floor area in front of the firewall on the drivers side. Can I get some advice on where to cut, or a thread where someone has documented their progress? I have looked at a lot of threads (replacing a floor is not new, I know) but I cant see if I should drill out spot welds, cut in front of the firewall or what.

I have never tackled this sort of project before, so please be patient with me. I don't want to cut in the wrong place and screw it up.

There are pics of the area in my thread linked below.
rjames
Depending on how bad it is you may need to drill out all of the spot welds on the underside around the piece you need to replace. With mine I was able to just cut the piece out from the inside and butt-weld it into place. Not sure if that was the *correct* way to do it, but it worked.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.