Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Look who is attending the WCC, Will you be there?
jonwatts
post May 7 2004, 01:15 AM
Post #101

no rules, just wrong

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 141

At this point I'm planning on crashing the event. I'll probably go to the Friday breakfast and then split when it's drive time. Saturday I might try to catch up with the post-AX crowd for dinner. Sunday I'll go to the swap meet and crash the goodbye lunch or whatever is planned. That'll be just about all I can stand of happy 914 people until my car is drivable.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post May 7 2004, 06:58 AM
Post #102

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(jonwatts @ May 6 2004, 11:15 PM)
At this point I'm planning on crashing the event. I'll probably go to the Friday breakfast and then split when it's drive time. Saturday I might try to catch up with the post-AX crowd for dinner. Sunday I'll go to the swap meet and crash the goodbye lunch or whatever is planned. That'll be just about all I can stand of happy 914 people until my car is drivable.

I think it's about the people. the cars are just the common thread that brings us together. I'm glad your planning the join in. BTW: We could probably use some extra people that know there way around with us.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post May 7 2004, 06:58 AM
Post #103

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

I still have several people that havent signed up yet. I have NO idea how we will accomodate them.

Ok kids...this is how it is. Registration closed a week ago today. It closed because the event planners need to have a headcount and time to make commitments to vendors, caterers and do other organizing and coordinating for the event to minimize any glitches. This is not like every other car event you are used to where you can just show up at the door and crash the party, or decide last minute on whether or not to attend.

We have already ordered specialty items, paid deposits and quantified things, so certain items are already fixed. But we will try to remain as flexible as possible, because this event is really for you and we really want as many 914 owners to gather as possible for the WCC 2004, but we need your understanding and cooperation.

If anyone is not preregistered and prepaid for the breakfast, and you just show up at the door, you wont be able to eat. You also will not even be able to sit with us because there won't be chairs for you or room. There are no extra goodie bags, even for purchase. This is not like the IHOP breakfasts, its a prepaid event and we need to know well in advance who will attend. So you will be turned away, which is not something we want to do. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) So REGISTER and PAY NOW if you want to participate.

If anyone wants to attend this WCC, or even a portion of the event like just the AX, or the farewell party, they are invited but we respectully request a Reg Form, including payment IMMEDIATELY.

Any registrations that we cannot accommodate, will be returned.

Anyone not preregistered and prepaid for the breakfast or Monterey Drive, will be turned away.

You CAN just show up without pre-registering or pre-payment for the 914Club AX, pay the fee at the door and you can play with us (but you wont be eligible for the AX awards). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

You CAN just show up at PartsHeaven on Sunday but...If you are not pre-registered (no payment needed), you cannot park your 914 with us as a 914club, as that will be prearranged. Without prepaid registration you also will not be eligible for the Awards or the parts Raffle at the Farewell Party. But you can eat your hot dog from the PartsHeaven hot dog cart with us...

Contact me directly if you have any questions...

Jeff Bowlsby
bowlsby@aol.com
+Quote Post
jonwatts
post May 7 2004, 09:07 AM
Post #104

no rules, just wrong

Member No.: 141

Thanks Jeff that does answer some questions. Maybe I'm daft but I wasn't 100% positive what exactly was included in the registration and what wasn't. Some things were clear like the 17 mile drive fees and the AX fees, but other things (food mostly) didn't seem spelled out for us mental midgets.

Also, has a support vehicle been designated for the Friday drive? If not I could probably be coerced.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post May 7 2004, 09:53 AM
Post #105

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Carl @ May 6 2004, 11:29 PM)
So, Andy? What does it take?

my registration was mailed monday ...

i hope Jeff got it in time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
Andy
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Malmz
post May 7 2004, 10:17 AM
Post #106

CSOBOSC founding member

Member No.: 602

Hell, I'm still brainstorming to try to find a car in record time, but I'm still registered, paid, and planning on going...

Guess I need to try to make a room reservation too...

Looks like I'm going solo, the family isn't too hot on doing things in the area w/o me while I'm doing 914 stuff. The wifie doesn't really like 914 computer geeks anyway! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)

Iz sooo confused...

sm
+Quote Post
Malmz
post May 7 2004, 12:49 PM
Post #107

CSOBOSC founding member

FYI, Pruneyard still seems to have rooms and is still offering the club rate of $85. I just made reservations.

Brad better go, otherwise I'm going to have to converse with somebody else to make this trip a write off... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Enough with the "Boo Hoo, Boo Hoo, poor Brad is on the welfare and has to work" bullshit, he needs the write-off too!!!

sm (you sometimes have to be an a-hole to befriend an asshole)
+Quote Post
Carl
post May 7 2004, 03:09 PM
Post #108

Ummm ... what?

Member No.: 163

QUOTE(Malmz @ May 7 2004, 10:49 AM)
Brad better go, otherwise I'm going to have to converse with somebody else to make this trip a write off... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Enough with the "Boo Hoo, Boo Hoo, poor Brad is on the welfare and has to work" bullshit, he needs the write-off too!!!

sm (you sometimes have to be an a-hole to befriend an asshole)

Yeah. It's tough love.

I'm glad you're coming, Steve. Too bad the kids won't be with you.

C
+Quote Post
anthony
post May 7 2004, 06:53 PM
Post #109

2270 club

Member No.: 218

So lets see the final list of who's attending.
+Quote Post
seanery
post May 7 2004, 07:36 PM
Post #110

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

the first post in this thread is constantly updated.
+Quote Post
anthony
post May 7 2004, 07:45 PM
Post #111

2270 club

Member No.: 218

Thanks! Great list. I'm looking forward to putting names to faces.

Are we planning on doing name tags? I know it sounds dorky but I think it would help greatly if we had name tags with the club username and our real names. I will even volunteer to print them up if someone wants to send me an excel file or text file with the info.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post May 7 2004, 07:52 PM
Post #112

914 Wiring Harnesses

Got it covered Anthony, but thansk for the offer...

Some name tags won't have 'screen names' becasue not everyone coming has a screen name...
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post May 7 2004, 09:51 PM
Post #113

neo life

Member No.: 159

Jeff,
How's the 17 mile drive set up? Are we going to try to keep a continuous line of 914's or just meet at certain spots? That will be a historic sight. When are we going to see the route?
Felix
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post May 7 2004, 10:47 PM
Post #114

914 Wiring Harnesses

Hi Felix, all the details are being worked out now, and will be included in the event brochure which will be distributed at the Breakfast. We will drive the twisty road tour, incuding the 17-Mile Drive in smaller pods of about 10-12 cars, which will redezvous at group photo locations.

Registration confirmations and brief info will be sent out in another week or two...
+Quote Post
Carl
post May 8 2004, 11:37 AM
Post #115

Ummm ... what?

Member No.: 163

my registration was mailed monday ...

i hope Jeff got it in time  
Andy

Allright! (sheesh, it's about time)

Now, we still need the bradmeister and the crowd that he's threatened to bring to the party.

Who else is missing but available (sorry Gint can't come) and needs a personal invitation??
+Quote Post
Gint
post May 8 2004, 10:02 PM
Post #116

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Who else is missing but available (sorry Gint can't come) and needs a personal invitation??

I briefly entertained the thought of flying out there Friday morning (while my wife and kids fly to Albany), and then flying out Friday night to Albany and meeting back up with the fam.

I'd lose $300 for the original ticket, and the tickets there and then to Albany would cost (this is where I REALLY choked) about $700-800.
+Quote Post
Malmz
post May 8 2004, 10:46 PM
Post #117

CSOBOSC founding member

QUOTE(Gint @ May 8 2004, 08:02 PM)

I briefly entertained the thought of flying out there Friday morning (while my wife and kids fly to Albany), and then flying out Friday night to Albany and meeting back up with the fam.

I'd lose $300 for the original ticket, and the tickets there and then to Albany would cost (this is where I REALLY choked) about $700-800.

Ya need a live web feed to your laptop...

sm
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post May 12 2004, 03:20 PM
Post #118

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8

Looks like I will make the AutoX and the Swapmeet. Might or might not have a car.

B
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post May 12 2004, 03:28 PM
Post #119

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

See! Give it a couple more days and you'll be able to make the first day as well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post
seanery
post May 12 2004, 04:18 PM
Post #120

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

Jeroen, I'd ship your hat to Brad, but he won't give me his new address (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) like he doesn't want me to know where he lives (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) I don't get it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) I'm afraid if I ship it to HPH you'll never get it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) just cause there's so much going on there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 10:36 AM