Ebenhoech Otmar
Moody Mark
Smrz Paul

76 914 cars will attend the 914 WCC 2004

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

72 Principal Registrations
49 Friends / Family Registrations

121 Total Registrations

Registration confirmations with information packets were mailed Tuesday, May 25, which include maps and other information to help you prepare for and arrive at the 914 WCC 2004.
JeffBowlsby
For anyone wanting to attend the 914 WCC 2004 and bring your RV, I am told by another 914 club member of these two RV parks, not far from the action:

A nice new park in Gilroy right off 101 called Garlic Farm Rv
http://www.thegarlicfarm.com/rvpark.html

and another nice one called Maple Leaf, south Morgan Hill on old Monterey Hwy
http://www.caohwy.com/m/maplearv.htm
davep
Is anyone heading down from the northeast? What about sharing a room?

DaveP
Brad Roberts
Add:

Scott & Doris Yeaman
Brad Roberts
Britain and Angel Smith
Rich Bontempi

I'm telling everyone who come to the shop and doesnt know about the club.

B
Brad Roberts
Gint:

If you see this.. I would like to test the "bulk email" feature in the classifieds again to see if we can successfully send out 1700 emails. I need for people to get on the stick about this sign up stuff.

B
Joe Bob
Gonna try....need parts to finish Manfred....Hi Brad.... bootyshake.gif
JeffBowlsby
Add:

Scott & Doris Yeaman
Brad Roberts
Britain and Angel Smith
Rich Bontempi

I'm telling everyone who come to the shop and doesnt know about the club.

Way cool...but everyone needs to Register iffn they want to attend... smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Apr 8 2004, 04:37 AM)
Way cool...but everyone needs to Register iffn they want to attend... smile.gif

i know, i know ... will register soon.

meanwhile, you can add SirAndy + 1 to your list wink.gif
Andy
Jeroen
Not sure if I will make it mad.gif
I fear a lot will depend on how I will be compensated for the wrecked taildragger... headbang.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Chris914n6
I'm going to be a late reg. Don't have answers on the g/f participation yet.

Southwest caravan anyone?

Chris in Vegas
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Apr 8 2004, 05:25 PM)
Not sure if I will make it mad.gif
I fear a lot will depend on how I will be compensated for the wrecked taildragger... headbang.gif

cheers,

Jeroen

I don't understand? Were you selling the taildragger to finance the trip? Don't worry about that wreck. It will be there when you get home.
Jeroen
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Apr 14 2004, 10:51 PM)
I don't understand? Were you selling the taildragger to finance the trip? Don't worry about that wreck. It will be there when you get home.

Well, I had a little chat with the guy who caused the wreck last night.
I won't bore you with the details (not in this thread, will do that in another) but I was not amused with his idea of paying for the damages. I fear this will need the intervention of a lawyer mad.gif

Basically, I will need another car (the taildragger was a semi daily driver) and if the guy who caused the damage isn't going to cough up the dough, it's gonna give me a substantial financial blow.
It's not like we will go hungry over it, but it will leave me very little / no room for luxury expenses (like attending the WCC)

When it rains, it poors...

cheers,

Jeroen
PatW
I plan on being there +wife. I'm willing to lead a group of slow pokes around Monterey if needed. driving.gif I'm going to kill some cones at the Autocross too. ar15.gif laugh.gif I need to get my car into HPH first.

Pat
JeffBowlsby
Basically, I will need another car (the taildragger was a semi daily driver) and if the guy who caused the damage isn't going to cough up the dough, it's gonna give me a substantial financial blow.

I was thinking about this J. You had planned to come to the WCC and apparently the only reason stopping you is specifically related to the accident as solely caused by the other guys negligence. In other words, if the accident did not occur, you would be able to attend the WCC.

Come to the WCC, and include the cost of the WCC in your claim. In the USA, I would think it would allowed as a part of 'making you whole' or 'restoring you to the condition you were in before the accident'. Seems reasonable and I think it is supported by legal theory here...but I am not a lawya.

If you were able to prove a financial loss due to losing work or something similar it would be the same thing.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Apr 14 2004, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Apr 14 2004, 10:51 PM)

Well, I had a little chat with the guy who caused the wreck last night.
I won't bore you with the details (not in this thread, will do that in another) but I was not amused with his idea of paying for the damages. I fear this will need the intervention of a lawyer mad.gif

It's not like we will go hungry over it, but it will leave me very little / no room for luxury expenses (like attending the WCC)

When it rains, it poors...

cheers,

Jeroen

I am extermely saddened by your announcement. sad.gif By a piece of crap car to get you by until you settle with the guy in court and come to the classic. We need you here... smilie_pokal.gif
Bleyseng
I don't know if that flies in Dutch law JeffB, but it sounds good! I want to Jeroen and family there too.

I am working on how many in my party, probably 3- Geoff, Monique and Blair. Since Monique is still in Holland I havent got a firm yesorno out of her.

Geoff
Jeroen
I really wanna make it to the WCC, but right now, I just can't commit myself...

cheers,

Jeroen
Gint
S'ok Jeroen. Maybe next year, you and I can both make it.
Jeroen
Ok... enuf talk about who's NOT coming

Who's next to register???
C'mon guys/gals

cheers,

Jeroen
Gint
agree.gif

Let's go! I'd like to see a 2nd annual WCC become a "must attend" event due to this year's HUGE success.
skline
You can count me in, +1. I will be driving the new V-8 car with any luck. Will be registering in a week or so. Once everytihng is set and I take delivery of the car. Will be driving up very early Friday morning. Not sure how long it takes to get up there from Orange County. I figure on leving here about 4 AM and driving straight through. I look forward to meeting everyone up there.
VegasRacer
Only 10 days left to get your registration in.
Do it now, before it is to late. burnout.gif
The host hotel says that they only have 5 rooms left.
Gint
Not sure how long it takes to get up there from Orange County.

4-5 hours at reasonable speeds.
Malmz
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 21 2004, 06:45 AM)
Not sure how long it takes to get up there from Orange County.

4-5 hours at reasonable speeds.

It's around 400 miles from Orange County CA. Assuming a reasonable speed off 100mph, sure, you could do it in 4 hours! biggrin.gif

Figure 6 to 6.5 hours with stops.

---

Still trying to personally work this one out. Who else is going from So. Cal? If I buy a car for the event, I'll take the RV and trailer. If I don't get a car, I may drive something else. Chances are I will be going w/o the fam.

sm
richardL
Just mailed my application and check

Richard driving.gif
JeffBowlsby
Hi Steve...You are in luck, Join the SoCal caravan.

So far...and I hope there will be more...

Bernbomb
Howard
Boxtr??(driving Howards 2nd car???)
Skline

+Malmz???

A regular 914 convoy... rolleyes.gif
Jenny
Just finished filling out the form. Will be writing check and mailing out tonight/tomorrow. Check's in the mail, promise. wink.gif

Jen
JWest
I'll be sending my form, check, and some goodies tomorrow.
Malmz
I'll have a form/check out shortly. Worst case it will turn into a donation, but if Jenny's going somebody has to go and keep her out of trouble!

sm
rhodyguy
"...on the stick". i hear ya brad.

kevin
Ferg
Check and Registration on the way. smilie_pokal.gif
Britain Smith
Jeff..I sent you money via paypal...me and I wife will be there.

-Britain
Mueller
Jeff..I sent you money via paypal...

welcome to the electronic age smile.gif

did you .pdf him the form back? I was too lazy to print it out, so I did it all on the 'puter....got my signature and all smile.gif
skline
Ok, I filled out the form and it in the envelope and stamped and going to the post office in the morning. I will pay via PayPal on Monday. That is about the time the envelope will arrive. Good timing huh? I am not sure when I am leaving at this point. I am open to run up with others going up from this area. We could meet somewhere in LA and cruise up from there. Just let me know what time and where. Otherwise, I will just leave on Friday about 3 AM.
Jenny
What a great idea! Just paid by paypal as well. Please add me to the list! (+1)Registration form to follow either before or after pancakes.

Jen
JeffBowlsby
I have just updated the list of Registrations found in the first post of this thread. Check it out...there are some great 914 owners who will be travelling long distances to the WCC. Texas, Colorado, Minnesota, Nevada, Pacific Northwest, SoCal...914 emissaries from all over the USA.

This is exciting! Can we make it to 50 cars?

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
krk
Well, it ain't quite the last minute, but it's close.

Just got back from posting my entry to Mr. Bowlsby. Me + 1.

kim.
rick 918-S
Plane tickets are paid for. clap56.gif Working the registation now! See ya'll there! And you too Kim! aktion035.gif
krk
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Apr 26 2004, 08:38 PM)
Plane tickets are paid for. clap56.gif Working the registation now! See ya'll there! And you too Kim! aktion035.gif

Whoo hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif

Looking forward to it, mon ami!

kim.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Malmz @ Apr 21 2004, 09:19 AM)
It's around 400 miles from Orange County CA. Assuming a reasonable speed off 100mph, sure, you could do it in 4 hours! biggrin.gif

sm

I-5 IS 100mph driving.gif The pack I was running with SLOWED DOWN to 95 only because a cop was stopped behind a broken down car on the shoulder. wavey.gif
And I thought I-15 & I-90 near LA was speedy....

I'd rather take 101 up with the slower trailer towing folks.
John (VegasRacer) and I would like to meet up with the Socal caravan. It's a 10 hour drive for us... might as well have some good company. rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif

Chris
ChrisReale
i plan on attending smile.gif I also plan on paying, soon huh.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 26 2004, 10:31 PM)
I'd rather take 101 up with the slower trailer towing folks.

I'm only a little slow going up hill.
Get out of my way on the down hill side. ar15.gif

I will start a caravan thread so we can work out the logistics.
Malmz
If Brad doesn't pay in the next three days can we lock him out? lol2.gif

Check went in the mail yesterday.

sm
Demick
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Apr 26 2004, 07:22 PM)
Check it out...there are some great 914 owners who will be travelling long distances to the WCC. Texas, Colorado, Minnesota, Nevada, Pacific Northwest, SoCal...914 emissaries from all over the USA.

Jeff

Great to see quite a few people from outside N. Calif making the trek.

I think it would be great to add the city and state next to each registrants name on the signup list so we can easily see where everyone's coming from. Might also help those people out who want to caravan find people in similar locations.

Demick
richardL
Jeff,

If its not a secret, when is the photo shoot planned?

Since I need to trailer my car and I want to use a different vehicle for the twisty, it would be helpful to know.

Richard
skline
Well. I am not buying that V8 car I was going to buy. I saw pictures and it needs more work than my Chalon to be road worthy, so I am scrambling to get the Chalon together for the run. I called Rod Simpson today for a radiator kit and hoses but after 3 hours of busy signal, I finally got through and left a message. Hopefully he calls me back. That is about the last piece I need. He is closer to me and about 150 less than Renegade for what I need. Anyone in the So Cal orange county want to assist, I can supply the beer and food. I figure I can do it in 30 days. Lets find out. See you all there.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(skline @ Apr 27 2004, 12:58 PM)
Well. I am not buying that V8 car I was going to buy. I saw pictures and it needs more work than my Chalon to be road worthy, so I am scrambling to get the Chalon together for the run. I called Rod Simpson today for a radiator kit and hoses but after 3 hours of busy signal, I finally got through and left a message. Hopefully he calls me back. That is about the last piece I need. He is closer to me and about 150 less than Renegade for what I need. Anyone in the So Cal orange county want to assist, I can supply the beer and food. I figure I can do it in 30 days. Lets find out. See you all there.

smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif smilie_pokal.gif Another crazy! Remember there is 24 hours in a day! smash.gif
krk
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Apr 27 2004, 01:50 PM)
QUOTE(skline @ Apr 27 2004, 12:58 PM)

smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif smilie_pokal.gif Another crazy! Remember there is 24 hours in a day! smash.gif

You are just dangerous. ("not that there's anything wrong with that" (!) laugh.gif)

While I'm whining about an accelerator linkage problem, other people are assembling cars..... hmm.....

kim.
Demick
WOW! Take a look back at the first post in this topic.

We are up to 42 cars now! And more than 1/3 are from outside N. California. This is really great! I wouldn't be surprised to see 10 or 20 additional registrations in the next few days. If you are on the fence about coming, take a look at the attendance list. There is no question that this will be THE 914 event of the year!

Nice going Jeff!

Demick
neo914-6
Jeff,
You should have my registration and check by now. If I decide to bring someone to the drive, can I still add them after Friday?
Felix
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.