Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look who is attending the WCC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
jonwatts
At this point I'm planning on crashing the event. I'll probably go to the Friday breakfast and then split when it's drive time. Saturday I might try to catch up with the post-AX crowd for dinner. Sunday I'll go to the swap meet and crash the goodbye lunch or whatever is planned. That'll be just about all I can stand of happy 914 people until my car is drivable.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(jonwatts @ May 6 2004, 11:15 PM)
At this point I'm planning on crashing the event. I'll probably go to the Friday breakfast and then split when it's drive time. Saturday I might try to catch up with the post-AX crowd for dinner. Sunday I'll go to the swap meet and crash the goodbye lunch or whatever is planned. That'll be just about all I can stand of happy 914 people until my car is drivable.

I think it's about the people. the cars are just the common thread that brings us together. I'm glad your planning the join in. BTW: We could probably use some extra people that know there way around with us.
JeffBowlsby
I still have several people that havent signed up yet. I have NO idea how we will accomodate them.

Ok kids...this is how it is. Registration closed a week ago today. It closed because the event planners need to have a headcount and time to make commitments to vendors, caterers and do other organizing and coordinating for the event to minimize any glitches. This is not like every other car event you are used to where you can just show up at the door and crash the party, or decide last minute on whether or not to attend.

We have already ordered specialty items, paid deposits and quantified things, so certain items are already fixed. But we will try to remain as flexible as possible, because this event is really for you and we really want as many 914 owners to gather as possible for the WCC 2004, but we need your understanding and cooperation.

If anyone is not preregistered and prepaid for the breakfast, and you just show up at the door, you wont be able to eat. You also will not even be able to sit with us because there won't be chairs for you or room. There are no extra goodie bags, even for purchase. This is not like the IHOP breakfasts, its a prepaid event and we need to know well in advance who will attend. So you will be turned away, which is not something we want to do. ohmy.gif So REGISTER and PAY NOW if you want to participate.

If anyone wants to attend this WCC, or even a portion of the event like just the AX, or the farewell party, they are invited but we respectully request a Reg Form, including payment IMMEDIATELY.

Any registrations that we cannot accommodate, will be returned.

Anyone not preregistered and prepaid for the breakfast or Monterey Drive, will be turned away.

You CAN just show up without pre-registering or pre-payment for the 914Club AX, pay the fee at the door and you can play with us (but you wont be eligible for the AX awards). biggrin.gif

You CAN just show up at PartsHeaven on Sunday but...If you are not pre-registered (no payment needed), you cannot park your 914 with us as a 914club, as that will be prearranged. Without prepaid registration you also will not be eligible for the Awards or the parts Raffle at the Farewell Party. But you can eat your hot dog from the PartsHeaven hot dog cart with us...

Contact me directly if you have any questions...

Jeff Bowlsby
bowlsby@aol.com
jonwatts
Thanks Jeff that does answer some questions. Maybe I'm daft but I wasn't 100% positive what exactly was included in the registration and what wasn't. Some things were clear like the 17 mile drive fees and the AX fees, but other things (food mostly) didn't seem spelled out for us mental midgets.

Also, has a support vehicle been designated for the Friday drive? If not I could probably be coerced.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Carl @ May 6 2004, 11:29 PM)
So, Andy? What does it take?

my registration was mailed monday ...

i hope Jeff got it in time unsure.gif
Andy
Malmz
Hell, I'm still brainstorming to try to find a car in record time, but I'm still registered, paid, and planning on going...

Guess I need to try to make a room reservation too...

Looks like I'm going solo, the family isn't too hot on doing things in the area w/o me while I'm doing 914 stuff. The wifie doesn't really like 914 computer geeks anyway! lol2.gif

Iz sooo confused...

sm
Malmz
FYI, Pruneyard still seems to have rooms and is still offering the club rate of $85. I just made reservations.

Brad better go, otherwise I'm going to have to converse with somebody else to make this trip a write off... biggrin.gif Enough with the "Boo Hoo, Boo Hoo, poor Brad is on the welfare and has to work" bullshit, he needs the write-off too!!!

sm (you sometimes have to be an a-hole to befriend an asshole)
Carl
QUOTE(Malmz @ May 7 2004, 10:49 AM)
Brad better go, otherwise I'm going to have to converse with somebody else to make this trip a write off... biggrin.gif Enough with the "Boo Hoo, Boo Hoo, poor Brad is on the welfare and has to work" bullshit, he needs the write-off too!!!

sm (you sometimes have to be an a-hole to befriend an asshole)

Yeah. It's tough love.

I'm glad you're coming, Steve. Too bad the kids won't be with you.

C
anthony
So lets see the final list of who's attending.
seanery
the first post in this thread is constantly updated.
anthony
Thanks! Great list. I'm looking forward to putting names to faces.

Are we planning on doing name tags? I know it sounds dorky but I think it would help greatly if we had name tags with the club username and our real names. I will even volunteer to print them up if someone wants to send me an excel file or text file with the info.
JeffBowlsby
Got it covered Anthony, but thansk for the offer...

Some name tags won't have 'screen names' becasue not everyone coming has a screen name...
neo914-6
Jeff,
How's the 17 mile drive set up? Are we going to try to keep a continuous line of 914's or just meet at certain spots? That will be a historic sight. When are we going to see the route?
Felix
JeffBowlsby
Hi Felix, all the details are being worked out now, and will be included in the event brochure which will be distributed at the Breakfast. We will drive the twisty road tour, incuding the 17-Mile Drive in smaller pods of about 10-12 cars, which will redezvous at group photo locations.

Registration confirmations and brief info will be sent out in another week or two...
Carl
my registration was mailed monday ...

i hope Jeff got it in time  
Andy

Allright! (sheesh, it's about time)

Now, we still need the bradmeister and the crowd that he's threatened to bring to the party.

Who else is missing but available (sorry Gint can't come) and needs a personal invitation??
Gint
Who else is missing but available (sorry Gint can't come) and needs a personal invitation??

I briefly entertained the thought of flying out there Friday morning (while my wife and kids fly to Albany), and then flying out Friday night to Albany and meeting back up with the fam.

I'd lose $300 for the original ticket, and the tickets there and then to Albany would cost (this is where I REALLY choked) about $700-800.
Malmz
QUOTE(Gint @ May 8 2004, 08:02 PM)

I briefly entertained the thought of flying out there Friday morning (while my wife and kids fly to Albany), and then flying out Friday night to Albany and meeting back up with the fam.

I'd lose $300 for the original ticket, and the tickets there and then to Albany would cost (this is where I REALLY choked) about $700-800.

Ya need a live web feed to your laptop...

sm
Brad Roberts
Looks like I will make the AutoX and the Swapmeet. Might or might not have a car.

B
Jeroen
See! Give it a couple more days and you'll be able to make the first day as well biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
Jeroen, I'd ship your hat to Brad, but he won't give me his new address wacko.gif like he doesn't want me to know where he lives blink.gif I don't get it headbang.gif I'm afraid if I ship it to HPH you'll never get it huh.gif just cause there's so much going on there rolleyes.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE(seanery @ May 12 2004, 11:18 PM)
Jeroen, I'd ship your hat to Brad, but he won't give me his new address  :wacko:  like he doesn't want me to know where he lives  :blink:  I don't get it  :headbang:

Dunno confused24.gif maybe he's living in a cardboard box
If that happened to me, I wouldn't tell my friends about my new address either biggrin.gif

Otherwise, ship the hat to Bowlsby.

thanks,

Jeroen
TimB
Now that I have a 914 I'd like to go to at least part of this. Will there be a large gathering of folks at the PH swap meet? Is the farewell party during/at the swap meet too? If possible I'd like to check out the AX, but I doubt I can wing that one.
JeffBowlsby
Yes you can attend the Saturday and sunday events without preregistration. You won't be able to park with our 60+ 914s or receive any of the awards or raffle parts, but you can sure watch. biggrin.gif
Malmz
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 12 2004, 04:14 PM)
I may be kicking myself out soon.

B

It's Alive!

Get your ass to as much as possible or we'll hunt you down and drag you there kicking and screaming. Bring a meter so you can bill anybody who needs anything fixed or needs advice!

Can we bribe you with free Beer? beer.gif

sm
JeffBowlsby
Brad and Rich (High Performance House) are swamped. They have a huge amount of work getting the local 914s ready for the WCC. If we dont hear from them, its because they are under or over someones 914! I figure they are not ignoring us, its that No News is Good News!
grantsfo
QUOTE(bowlsby @ May 12 2004, 05:40 PM)
Brad and Rich (High Performance House) are swamped. They have a huge amount of work getting the local 914s ready for the WCC. If we dont hear from them, its because they are under or over someones 914! I figure they are not ignoring us, its that No News is Good News!

LOL I'm draging mine to somone for new clutch and minor body work from where my wife backed into the car with her Audi!
SLITS
QUOTE(bowlsby @ May 12 2004, 03:25 PM)
Yes you can attend the Saturday and sunday events without preregistration. You won't be able to park with our 60+ 914s or receive any of the awards or raffle parts, but you can sure watch. biggrin.gif

Jeff,

You're telling us that if we can possibly cut the time to come up for Friday Breakfast to meet the people and talk, you don't want our teener in your pictures because we are not registered?

The prizes, drive, AX and such are not the attraction to me. Seeing the other owners and seeing a large amount of 914s in one spot is.

Oh well.......................,
VegasRacer
Slits, I believe what Jeff was talking about in that post was the reserved parking area at the swap meet on Sunday.
Keith Sammons
biggrin.gif We will have a couple of parade laps when we get to track after the Monterey Run.

KK
Jenny
boldblue.gif clap56.gif boldblue.gif clap56.gif boldblue.gif clap56.gif

Sweet! My car gets to go on Laguna Seca!! Way to go Keith!!

Jen
Toast
QUOTE(bowlsby @ May 12 2004, 03:25 PM)
Yes you can attend the Saturday and sunday events without preregistration.  You won't be able to park with our 60+ 914s or receive any of the awards or raffle parts, but you can sure watch.   biggrin.gif

I thought that this event was suppose to be the largest west coast 914 gathering?
Yet, for those of us who were unable to or did not pay the registration dues on time (my reason was because I did not know if I could get the time off), we will not be allowed to park by the other 914's? That definitely does not sound like the teener runs and gatherings that I am use to. But what do I know? :confused I have only been to a half a dozen teener gatherings.

I would not have expected nor have asked to receive gifts or photos or whatever. I would have had no problem paying for my own meals and such. I actually only wanted to attend the Friday breakfast (which again, I would have ordered and paid for my own meal) and the 17 mile drive. Maybe watch the Auto X.
This quoted statement leads me to believe that although I did not pay my registration dues, that I will not be welcome to show or park my teener next to the other "REGISTERED" teener. (Damn, and I just had painted less that 2 weeks ago.)

Well, thank you for letting me know in advance. I will stay in Southern California where I can continue to be segregated, but without the cost. Enjoy your simultaneous pinkie lifting cheers.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Apr 29 2004, 11:37 AM)
Even though the registration deadline is tommorrow April 30, we may be able to accommodate a few more for a short time, but please contact me on an individual basis to be sure.  We dont want to exclude anyone.

We have a lot of final details to resolve and coordinate in May and while I hope everyone that wants to attend can attend, we are limited by deadlines of the vendors and caterers, I hope everyone understands.  Registration cannot happen at the door, so you will be turned away from certain events if you are not registered.  Contact me directly if you have any questions at any time.

Jeff Bowlsby
bowlsby@aol.com

The above is a quote made by Jeff earlier in this thread.
"We don't want to exclude anyone."
"Contact me directly if you have any questions at any time."

Have you contacted Jeff directly?

I don't know all the details. I can tell you that a lot of time and effort was put in by many dedicated planners to make this the best event possible. Send Jeff an e-mail see what can be done. Please don't read things into a post that are not there. There are some things that can not be changed after the registration deadline. I am sure that you will be welcomed to as many WCC as possible.

This event is intended to bring 914Club members together, not break us apart. smlove2.gif
neo914-6
Enjoy your simultaneous pinkie lifting cheers

Did you see if the organizers will accomodate a non pinkie lifting person?wink.gif
Jeroen
Geez guys/gals... Quit your whining and lighten up will ya!

Have you got any idea how much time/work/effort is going into organzing an event of this magnitude???

This is not your avarage 9:14 breakfast or what ever kind of "I'll-see-if-I-can-make-it" get together.

Stuff has to be payed for (some in advance) and things may need to be run a little tighter than you are used to.
Do you really think that's strange if you are expecting over 60 cars and well over 100 people?

You go find a restaurant and make reservations for a least 100 people "but it may as well be 150, cause some locals may drop by"
If you know a place like that, you should be on the planning committee for 2005 biggrin.gif

Same goes for the sat/sunday events. We are part of someone elses event those days. We got reserved/assigned spots from them.
That doesn't mean you can't drop by, but you may have to park your car else where from the rest of the club. BIG DEAL!

No one said you can't come for parts of the event (even the friday breakfast)
You can. JUST CONTACT JEFF IF YOU DO

Hope to see you there!

cheers,

Jeroen
Meredith
agree.gif

Well said.
JeffBowlsby
We surely don’t want anyone to feel excluded and it is our sincere hope and intent that every 914 owner will be encouraged to participate, but we need you to help us out.

Jeroen nailed it. The WCC is not like most other 914 events where people can just show up without previous arrangements. We have well over 70 914s and 100 people (over 30 from out of town), that need to be coordinated in getting to 5 different venues, 150 miles apart throughout the Bay Area, over 3 different days. We have purchased custom event items, awards, provided maps and a host of other items necessary to make this event happen. The breakfast is a prepaid, catered event and there simply won’t be a place at the table for anyone if they are not expected. The Monterey Tour travels over twisty backroads that are not familiar even to the locals. Cars will be previously-organized into smaller pods to make the trip achievable, drivers will be given maps and led by someone who has previously driven the route (We need several pod leader volunteers – local drivers to pre-drive the route – contact me!).

Please extend to us the courtesy of not crashing the party, but let us know you want to participate in the WCC by completing registration, because we want to include everyone that wants to attend. Registration closed over two weeks ago to give us enough time to make final coordinations, and even that timetable is squeaky tight. We can still accommodate a couple more though if you act right away. If you intend to join in on the WCC 2004, complete a registration form immediately and overnight mail it to the address on the registration form with payment, so that it is received NLT Wednesday this week. Registrations received on or after Thursday will be returned, not something we want to do, but it will be too late to avoid.

You’ve heard that we have been granted brief photo-op access to the Laguna Seca track. There are other unannounced 914 surprises that will make this the 914 event of the year.

Hope to see you there. Uh here. biggrin.gif smile.gif laugh.gif
shoguneagle
It looks like another great event is coming together because of all the attentive and detailed planning for the many attendees. I will not be formally attending but we will viisit the parts swap, concours, and auto-X as a spectator. The drives and the photo sessions will be great. It is going to be great seeing more than 60 cars from across the Northwest, West, Southwest, and Midwest.. Yes, including Colorado, too. Please forgive me if I left other areas out who are attending.

Congratulations to all the attendees who are making this a major continuing event. Cars have been prepped, emergency repair stations organized, caravans being made up,

Ladies and Gentlemen!!!! This week, Start Your 914 Engines. Your West Coast Meet is arriving. Have fun and make it the best event ever. I would like to see more of these down the road.

Organizers!!!! Congratulations on putting this event on. It is not a small matter in organizing, arranging and running an event such as the WCM. Each of you should give yourself a well deserved pat on the back. Now that you have done that, get right back in there because the 914 "troops" will be arriving. Job well done.

These are my thoughts.

Steve Hurt
seanery
Steve,

from the team, thanks. But, really there are a couple people who need to be acknowledged IMHO.

1. Brad for coming up with the idea and assembling the team
2. Jeff Bowlsby for driving the bus. This isn't an easy job and Jeff has done an outstanding job steering this big ol bus we call WCC.
skline
QUOTE(seanery @ May 18 2004, 05:34 PM)
Steve,

from the team, thanks. But, really there are a couple people who need to be acknowledged IMHO.

1. Brad for coming up with the idea and assembling the team
2. Jeff Bowlsby for driving the bus. This isn't an easy job and Jeff has done an outstanding job steering this big ol bus we call WCC.

Well said, Here Here!!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
jimtab
I absolutely agree, I've had some experience putting together "events" but not on this scale and I can tell you there is much to do and little as your reward but the knowledge of a job well done. Jeff and all who put this wonderful event together, thanks from us all. Jim smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif
EdwardBlume
Jeff is a fine man and I'm damn glad to know him. Thanks to everyone for this WCC! I am so looking forward to good times, good stories, and a massive 914 fix!!! I won't have to chase 914s down like I usually do.
skline
QUOTE(cavwpguy @ May 18 2004, 07:42 PM)
Jeff is a fine man and I'm damn glad to know him. Thanks to everyone for this WCC! I am so looking forward to good times, good stories, and a massive 914 fix!!! I won't have to chase 914s down like I usually do.

I wish I only had to drive as far as you do to get there. Is this being held in your back yard??
I hope you have lots of room pray.gif smile.gif smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
Is this being held in your back yard??

I live about 4 miles from the house I lived in as kid, back in the early 60's.

Rob lives in that very same house I grew up in as a kid.

Glad his house now has 3 Porsches in residence...mine only has two... rolleyes.gif
Jenny
QUOTE(bowlsby @ May 19 2004, 04:35 PM)

That's crazy! Do you know a back way in? laugh.gif

Jen
jimtab
QUOTE(Jenny @ May 19 2004, 03:56 PM)
QUOTE(bowlsby @ May 19 2004, 04:35 PM)

That's crazy! Do you know a back way in? laugh.gif

Jen

Hey Jen, no backdoor stuff on this site we're not that kind of club.... rocking nana.gif
EdwardBlume
Its all true.... and I drove my 914 over to look at the house before I bought it 5 years ago, there was a 914 across the street that I later bought, and Jeff came over to look at it - for a wiring harness.
shoguneagle
You are right concerning Brad and Jeff. I was holding my congratulations until the entire event was over. I want Jeff and Brad to just keep being themselves. Any congrates from me was going to be after the major event is over.

So here is the recognition from me: I have watched Brad and Jeff being involved behind the scenes for a number of years. They have given themselves to many events and causes without asking for anything in return. This unselfishness is very much apparent in the WCC. For these efforts both of them should be congratulated. I consider these two people very close friends and feel very confortable in seeking their advice. If they needed anything, I would be there at a drop of a hat.

Congratulations to both Brad and Jeff. This is another major reason why I like belonging to 914Club. In fact, every member should give yourself a "pat on the back" for belonging since it is all the members that make this an excellent organization.

So Congratulations to Everyone.

Jeff, are you still following the funny painted 914's? Icecycle? Popcycle? What funny names!

Brad, I will get on what I promised you and should be in your hands within two weeks after WCC.

Steve Hurt
Brad Roberts
I FINALLY turned in my paperwork and Scott Yeamans paperwork to Jeff this weekend while I was out drumming up money.

B
rick 918-S
clap56.gif wavey.gif
JeffBowlsby
The Final Registration list is posted in the first post of this thread. biggrin.gif

Registration confirmations and information packets mailed. biggrin.gif

You think you guys are stressed....I have 121 people coming to a 914 Breakfast. biggrin.gif And to Monterey and Laguna Seca biggrin.gif And to an AX. biggrin.gif And to a Concours, Swapmeet and Farewell Party biggrin.gif

I couldnt be happier! cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.