Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Look who is attending the WCC, Will you be there?
Jeroen
post May 12 2004, 04:34 PM
Post #121

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

QUOTE(seanery @ May 12 2004, 11:18 PM)
Jeroen, I'd ship your hat to Brad, but he won't give me his new address  :wacko:  like he doesn't want me to know where he lives  :blink:  I don't get it  :headbang:

Dunno (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) maybe he's living in a cardboard box
If that happened to me, I wouldn't tell my friends about my new address either (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Otherwise, ship the hat to Bowlsby.

thanks,

Jeroen
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TimB
post May 12 2004, 05:04 PM
Post #122

Member No.: 1,985

Now that I have a 914 I'd like to go to at least part of this. Will there be a large gathering of folks at the PH swap meet? Is the farewell party during/at the swap meet too? If possible I'd like to check out the AX, but I doubt I can wing that one.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post May 12 2004, 05:25 PM
Post #123

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Yes you can attend the Saturday and sunday events without preregistration. You won't be able to park with our 60+ 914s or receive any of the awards or raffle parts, but you can sure watch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Malmz
post May 12 2004, 06:46 PM
Post #124

CSOBOSC founding member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 602

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 12 2004, 04:14 PM)
I may be kicking myself out soon.

B

It's Alive!

Get your ass to as much as possible or we'll hunt you down and drag you there kicking and screaming. Bring a meter so you can bill anybody who needs anything fixed or needs advice!

Can we bribe you with free Beer? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

sm
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post May 12 2004, 07:40 PM
Post #125

914 Wiring Harnesses

Brad and Rich (High Performance House) are swamped. They have a huge amount of work getting the local 914s ready for the WCC. If we dont hear from them, its because they are under or over someones 914! I figure they are not ignoring us, its that No News is Good News!
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post May 13 2004, 10:40 PM
Post #126

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

QUOTE(bowlsby @ May 12 2004, 05:40 PM)
Brad and Rich (High Performance House) are swamped. They have a huge amount of work getting the local 914s ready for the WCC. If we dont hear from them, its because they are under or over someones 914! I figure they are not ignoring us, its that No News is Good News!

LOL I'm draging mine to somone for new clutch and minor body work from where my wife backed into the car with her Audi!
+Quote Post
SLITS
post May 16 2004, 01:16 PM
Post #127

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Member No.: 1,696

QUOTE(bowlsby @ May 12 2004, 03:25 PM)
Yes you can attend the Saturday and sunday events without preregistration. You won't be able to park with our 60+ 914s or receive any of the awards or raffle parts, but you can sure watch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Jeff,

You're telling us that if we can possibly cut the time to come up for Friday Breakfast to meet the people and talk, you don't want our teener in your pictures because we are not registered?

The prizes, drive, AX and such are not the attraction to me. Seeing the other owners and seeing a large amount of 914s in one spot is.

Oh well.......................,
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post May 16 2004, 05:50 PM
Post #128

ELVIRA

Member No.: 481

Slits, I believe what Jeff was talking about in that post was the reserved parking area at the swap meet on Sunday.
+Quote Post
Keith Sammons
post May 16 2004, 07:21 PM
Post #129

Member No.: 586

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) We will have a couple of parade laps when we get to track after the Monterey Run.

KK
+Quote Post
Jenny
post May 16 2004, 08:03 PM
Post #130

Advanced Member

Member No.: 96

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

Sweet! My car gets to go on Laguna Seca!! Way to go Keith!!

Jen
+Quote Post
Toast
post May 17 2004, 12:37 AM
Post #131

Not bad for carrying sway bars.

Member No.: 1,580
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(bowlsby @ May 12 2004, 03:25 PM)
Yes you can attend the Saturday and sunday events without preregistration.  You won't be able to park with our 60+ 914s or receive any of the awards or raffle parts, but you can sure watch.   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I thought that this event was suppose to be the largest west coast 914 gathering?
Yet, for those of us who were unable to or did not pay the registration dues on time (my reason was because I did not know if I could get the time off), we will not be allowed to park by the other 914's? That definitely does not sound like the teener runs and gatherings that I am use to. But what do I know? :confused I have only been to a half a dozen teener gatherings.

I would not have expected nor have asked to receive gifts or photos or whatever. I would have had no problem paying for my own meals and such. I actually only wanted to attend the Friday breakfast (which again, I would have ordered and paid for my own meal) and the 17 mile drive. Maybe watch the Auto X.
This quoted statement leads me to believe that although I did not pay my registration dues, that I will not be welcome to show or park my teener next to the other "REGISTERED" teener. (Damn, and I just had painted less that 2 weeks ago.)

Well, thank you for letting me know in advance. I will stay in Southern California where I can continue to be segregated, but without the cost. Enjoy your simultaneous pinkie lifting cheers.
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post May 17 2004, 01:20 AM
Post #132

ELVIRA

Member No.: 481

QUOTE(bowlsby @ Apr 29 2004, 11:37 AM)
Even though the registration deadline is tommorrow April 30, we may be able to accommodate a few more for a short time, but please contact me on an individual basis to be sure.  We dont want to exclude anyone.

We have a lot of final details to resolve and coordinate in May and while I hope everyone that wants to attend can attend, we are limited by deadlines of the vendors and caterers, I hope everyone understands.  Registration cannot happen at the door, so you will be turned away from certain events if you are not registered.  Contact me directly if you have any questions at any time.

Jeff Bowlsby
bowlsby@aol.com

The above is a quote made by Jeff earlier in this thread.
"We don't want to exclude anyone."
"Contact me directly if you have any questions at any time."

Have you contacted Jeff directly?

I don't know all the details. I can tell you that a lot of time and effort was put in by many dedicated planners to make this the best event possible. Send Jeff an e-mail see what can be done. Please don't read things into a post that are not there. There are some things that can not be changed after the registration deadline. I am sure that you will be welcomed to as many WCC as possible.

This event is intended to bring 914Club members together, not break us apart. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smlove2.gif)
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post May 17 2004, 02:18 AM
Post #133

neo life

Member No.: 159

Enjoy your simultaneous pinkie lifting cheers

Did you see if the organizers will accomodate a non pinkie lifting person?(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post May 17 2004, 03:09 AM
Post #134

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

Geez guys/gals... Quit your whining and lighten up will ya!

Have you got any idea how much time/work/effort is going into organzing an event of this magnitude???

This is not your avarage 9:14 breakfast or what ever kind of "I'll-see-if-I-can-make-it" get together.

Stuff has to be payed for (some in advance) and things may need to be run a little tighter than you are used to.
Do you really think that's strange if you are expecting over 60 cars and well over 100 people?

You go find a restaurant and make reservations for a least 100 people "but it may as well be 150, cause some locals may drop by"
If you know a place like that, you should be on the planning committee for 2005 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Same goes for the sat/sunday events. We are part of someone elses event those days. We got reserved/assigned spots from them.
That doesn't mean you can't drop by, but you may have to park your car else where from the rest of the club. BIG DEAL!

No one said you can't come for parts of the event (even the friday breakfast)
You can. JUST CONTACT JEFF IF YOU DO

Hope to see you there!

cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post
Meredith
post May 17 2004, 11:56 AM
Post #135

Member No.: 1,414

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Well said.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post May 17 2004, 02:00 PM
Post #136

914 Wiring Harnesses

We surely don’t want anyone to feel excluded and it is our sincere hope and intent that every 914 owner will be encouraged to participate, but we need you to help us out.

Jeroen nailed it. The WCC is not like most other 914 events where people can just show up without previous arrangements. We have well over 70 914s and 100 people (over 30 from out of town), that need to be coordinated in getting to 5 different venues, 150 miles apart throughout the Bay Area, over 3 different days. We have purchased custom event items, awards, provided maps and a host of other items necessary to make this event happen. The breakfast is a prepaid, catered event and there simply won’t be a place at the table for anyone if they are not expected. The Monterey Tour travels over twisty backroads that are not familiar even to the locals. Cars will be previously-organized into smaller pods to make the trip achievable, drivers will be given maps and led by someone who has previously driven the route (We need several pod leader volunteers – local drivers to pre-drive the route – contact me!).

Please extend to us the courtesy of not crashing the party, but let us know you want to participate in the WCC by completing registration, because we want to include everyone that wants to attend. Registration closed over two weeks ago to give us enough time to make final coordinations, and even that timetable is squeaky tight. We can still accommodate a couple more though if you act right away. If you intend to join in on the WCC 2004, complete a registration form immediately and overnight mail it to the address on the registration form with payment, so that it is received NLT Wednesday this week. Registrations received on or after Thursday will be returned, not something we want to do, but it will be too late to avoid.

You’ve heard that we have been granted brief photo-op access to the Laguna Seca track. There are other unannounced 914 surprises that will make this the 914 event of the year.

Hope to see you there. Uh here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
shoguneagle
post May 18 2004, 07:14 PM
Post #137

shoguneagle

Member No.: 84
Region Association: Northern California

It looks like another great event is coming together because of all the attentive and detailed planning for the many attendees. I will not be formally attending but we will viisit the parts swap, concours, and auto-X as a spectator. The drives and the photo sessions will be great. It is going to be great seeing more than 60 cars from across the Northwest, West, Southwest, and Midwest.. Yes, including Colorado, too. Please forgive me if I left other areas out who are attending.

Congratulations to all the attendees who are making this a major continuing event. Cars have been prepped, emergency repair stations organized, caravans being made up,

Ladies and Gentlemen!!!! This week, Start Your 914 Engines. Your West Coast Meet is arriving. Have fun and make it the best event ever. I would like to see more of these down the road.

Organizers!!!! Congratulations on putting this event on. It is not a small matter in organizing, arranging and running an event such as the WCM. Each of you should give yourself a well deserved pat on the back. Now that you have done that, get right back in there because the 914 "troops" will be arriving. Job well done.

These are my thoughts.

Steve Hurt
+Quote Post
seanery
post May 18 2004, 07:34 PM
Post #138

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

Steve,

from the team, thanks. But, really there are a couple people who need to be acknowledged IMHO.

1. Brad for coming up with the idea and assembling the team
2. Jeff Bowlsby for driving the bus. This isn't an easy job and Jeff has done an outstanding job steering this big ol bus we call WCC.
+Quote Post
skline
post May 18 2004, 08:26 PM
Post #139

Born to Drive

Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(seanery @ May 18 2004, 05:34 PM)
Steve,

from the team, thanks. But, really there are a couple people who need to be acknowledged IMHO.

1. Brad for coming up with the idea and assembling the team
2. Jeff Bowlsby for driving the bus. This isn't an easy job and Jeff has done an outstanding job steering this big ol bus we call WCC.

Well said, Here Here!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
jimtab
post May 18 2004, 09:29 PM
Post #140

Advanced Member

Member No.: 91
Region Association: Northern California

I absolutely agree, I've had some experience putting together "events" but not on this scale and I can tell you there is much to do and little as your reward but the knowledge of a job well done. Jeff and all who put this wonderful event together, thanks from us all. Jim (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 10:56 PM