Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Columbus Ohio Craigslist 914
tornik550
post Mar 24 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,486
Region Association: None

Looks like crap to me however I would hate to see a 914 go to the "crusher". Just saw this, thought I would post it just in case someone wants it. It sounds like the owner would take just about anything to get rid of it.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1659680073.html
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jonferns
post Mar 24 2010, 08:40 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,631
Region Association: North East States

Looks like a nice teener, someone please save this one! Hmm, is that adriatic blue? Looks like it may be the original color too, judging by the paint in the tunnel and by the drivers footwell. If I was closer I would definitely grab it.
+Quote Post
smontanaro
post Mar 24 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,197
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Here's a crazy-ass idea. What about starting a fund to use to snap up these unwanted hulks? They could be stripped for parts which would
be sold to replenish the hulk fund...

S
+Quote Post
bigkensteele
post Mar 24 2010, 09:13 PM
Post #4

Major Member

Member No.: 2,660
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(smontanaro @ Mar 24 2010, 06:42 PM) *

Here's a crazy-ass idea. What about starting a fund to use to snap up these unwanted hulks? They could be stripped for parts which would
be sold to replenish the hulk fund...

S

Only if we can keep the hulks in your back yard. I have recently visited Evanston, and it seems like a community that would welcome multiple dismantled cars on properties therein.

Just giving you a hard time. I actually like the idea, but the logistics are the problem. Where to store the donors, who gets what parts, how to account for and distribute ownership? It would be a very difficult program to administer.

If I had somewhere to store the subject car, I would be picking it up this weekend. I am certain that I would make a profit on it, but it is hard to take on many cars when you live in the burbs.

Ken
+Quote Post
tornik550
post Mar 24 2010, 09:36 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,486
Region Association: None

QUOTE(tornik550 @ Mar 24 2010, 09:37 PM) *

Looks like crap to me however I would hate to see a 914 go to the "crusher". /cto/1659680073.html[/url]

I take back what I said- it really doesn't look like crap. I would love to have this car however i'm out of space. I wouldn't be surprised if the owner would take $200-300. Well over that much in spare parts. I really wish I had the space.
+Quote Post
Gigamight
post Mar 25 2010, 10:55 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 10,454
Region Association: Middle East

I contacted this owner a while back. He had it listed for 1700 only last week! I jumped on it because he originally listed it as a 914-6. My keys were in my hand until he said "oops, that's a mistake." It still is in pretty good condition though....considering it's in a salt-happy-state.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 08:52 AM