Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Columbus Ohio Craigslist 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
tornik550
Looks like crap to me however I would hate to see a 914 go to the "crusher". Just saw this, thought I would post it just in case someone wants it. It sounds like the owner would take just about anything to get rid of it.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1659680073.html
jonferns
Looks like a nice teener, someone please save this one! Hmm, is that adriatic blue? Looks like it may be the original color too, judging by the paint in the tunnel and by the drivers footwell. If I was closer I would definitely grab it.
smontanaro
Here's a crazy-ass idea. What about starting a fund to use to snap up these unwanted hulks? They could be stripped for parts which would
be sold to replenish the hulk fund...

S
bigkensteele
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Mar 24 2010, 06:42 PM) *

Here's a crazy-ass idea. What about starting a fund to use to snap up these unwanted hulks? They could be stripped for parts which would
be sold to replenish the hulk fund...

S

Only if we can keep the hulks in your back yard. I have recently visited Evanston, and it seems like a community that would welcome multiple dismantled cars on properties therein.

Just giving you a hard time. I actually like the idea, but the logistics are the problem. Where to store the donors, who gets what parts, how to account for and distribute ownership? It would be a very difficult program to administer.

If I had somewhere to store the subject car, I would be picking it up this weekend. I am certain that I would make a profit on it, but it is hard to take on many cars when you live in the burbs.

Ken
tornik550
QUOTE(tornik550 @ Mar 24 2010, 09:37 PM) *

Looks like crap to me however I would hate to see a 914 go to the "crusher". /cto/1659680073.html[/url]

I take back what I said- it really doesn't look like crap. I would love to have this car however i'm out of space. I wouldn't be surprised if the owner would take $200-300. Well over that much in spare parts. I really wish I had the space.
Gigamight
I contacted this owner a while back. He had it listed for 1700 only last week! I jumped on it because he originally listed it as a 914-6. My keys were in my hand until he said "oops, that's a mistake." It still is in pretty good condition though....considering it's in a salt-happy-state.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.