Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> G & R ALL 914 RUSTY PARTS SWAP MEET AND ANIMAL FLESH ROASTING FEST, THE PARTY IS ON
SLITS
post Mar 25 2010, 08:22 PM
Post #1

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

Again, we will stage the incarnation of the Bi-Annual G&R All 914 Rusty Parts Swap Meet and Animal Flesh Roasting Festival. It has been ordained, cast in Gold chains and anointed with very fine whine and old cheese, that the date shall be forever remembered as APRIL 25, 2010.

The address will be as always:

2727 KANSAS AVE, RIVERSIDE, CA. 92507

For you techogeeks, maybe I will post longitude and latitude.

This being a very special occasion, as rumor has it; it just may be King George's hatching. So, to honor this auspicious occasion if the rumor is true, Professor 914, of Automobile Kalifornia fame, has graciously accepted our invitation to be "Guest of Honor". Look for him, in his flowing white robe and white hair, as he cruises the area with a Sawzall in his hand to garner such VIN, Chassis, and paint placards as he might for later resale. Emissions and timing stickers are game too! So bring that real six.

So, we have to have more events to entertain the enlightened attendees.
1.) Glenn will explain how to make a project last a lifetime.
2.) Jim Burke, local PCA semi-official I think, will demonstrate his vast knowledge of anything.
3.) Rico Suave will not be asleep and snoring in a chair as per normal. Since his neutralization by the feminine gender, he appears to sleep with one eye open. Be specially careful of his reflex action when he is wearing the pointy boots.
4.) Ellyot Cannon will again be trying to convince someone to buy the "Screaming Yellow Zonker" so he can live out his dream of being like Wrong Way corrigan. He does resemble him.
5.) We are assuming that the Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley crew will be on hand. Between the heavy german, you might just catch a waft of mother nature's finest. Huh?
6.) Slot car racing is out this year. There's too much debris on the track and the cleanup crew quit.
7.) A few years ago, we had a guest from New York. He went around licking. No, not people, he just picked up and licked everyone's parts.... car parts Damnit. We are honored that we have secured him as a guest this year. We're hoping that SammyG will show and plant a CV axle in his cranium. Should be highly entertaining.
8.) PCA spies will be everywhere with sign up forms. We try to screen them at the gate, but they manage to slip through. We would like to be supportive, but I have no intention of giving anyone 10%.
9.) We are hoping to spice up the place with the dazzling Flora and Fauna, so ladies, get the mojo on. Looking at car geeks all day gives me gas and I am best in my role as a Lecher. I drool easily.

Anyway, we must establish a few rulzzzz for this event:
1.) Bringing your own libations is perfectly acceptable. Excreting those libations in out parking lot on the pallets or other objects may please the Fire Department, but upsets us. Plus, if you get out of hand, we will take your keys and sell your car to the homeless up the street. They prefer 4 seaters, as it gives them two beds.
2.) We have only one unisex water closet. Be kind to your fellow swapees, bring your own ass-gaskets if you have a reluctance to sit down and bring your own air freshener if you are smell challenged. Yes, I do know what it smells like when a bear defecates in the woods ... kinda reminds me of Pine Sol, the official douche of Mexico.
3.) We will have strategically placed trash cans (I hope) ... use them. Hell, we might even label them for Recycled materials, but I'm not quite that "Green" yet. I have yet to achieve the status of "Conspicuous Consumer". Secondly, finding 1/4 or 1/2 empty coke and water containers spread about violates my pet peeve... if you take it, use it and place the empty container in a suitable place. If you seem unwilling to find that suitable place, I will be more than happy to tell you where to put it,
4.) If your rusty junk doesn't sell and you are reluctant to take it home with you, we will provide a "free pile" for you to dump it in for the true treasure seekers (CASOBS) that will sift through it. If you seriously think that there will be no takers, there is at least one dumpster on the premises.
4a.) Bringing 911 parts is perfectly acceptable IF they can be used in a conversion. If they can’t we will probably point you out, have a laughing fest and then stone you.
5.) OFFICIAL WARNING... The entire area is under 24 Digital Video with night vision cameras. Hiding in the shadows will not work. If you have quirks, please do not demonstrate them. If you are deeply in heat, we've already seen the movie. If it’s really good, we will put it on our website and charge for viewing.
6.) SECOND OFFICIAL WARNING ... If your car is low; enter the gate on the left slowly. That's facing the gate. When exiting, it will be on your right. All parts ripped off become the immediate property of the G&R and will be summarily sold.
7.) Miles was going to attend, but he is hung up somewhere between sniffing guitar glue and his goats. We miss him.
8.) Bruce Stone will be here with his bevy of high priced, cad / zinc plated stuff, so get your rocks off. Then again, he may be in Texas. We wish the state well.... not.
9.) There are plenty more infamous attendees with their own quirks, but I’ve run out of patience and my fingers are tired.

We regret that the President will not be attending this year. It seems that the highly touted stimulus didn't quite make the grade and they would be forced to travel by, His Deity forbid by common automobile. Gas out here is higher than the hot air layer they create. Global Warming ... bah ... If they would just shut their mouths we wouldn't have a problem.

We, as always, will be serving roasted bovine and/or some form of tube steak, between cheap buns with your choice of condiments. Onions, pickles, tomato slices, lettuce and sauces (watch out for the white one). Also, a couple of bags of oil soaked potatoes. This highly desirable feast is costly, so we ask for a $5.00 donation to cover the food and drinks.

For early comers (bet your SO hates you), we will have coffee and fat pills. Just part of the celebration you know.

Libations will consist of a variety of artificially flavored, colored phosphoric acid with sugar. Common water will also be available in those plastic containers that poison you. You think we actually care enough to give you Aluminum containers to get Alzheimer’s? Really, who in the hell do you think we are to provide you with such a good excuse for being a dickhead.

Ok, that’s it. If you need further information or directions, give us a call. We may or may not answer depending upon your area code. We have a secret list of them that we have banned for one reason or another. Most of them start with a 7.

Main direction number: (909) 650-5412. The recording will provide all you need to know.
Ron: (951) 751-3584
Glenn: (951) 235-7349

EDIT: Gate will be open at 6:00 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Mar 26 2010, 12:57 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407

OK. That's it! I'm damn sick and tired of all these personal attacks on our President and shameful disgusting comments about my attempt to sell my car. And as for the Wrong Way Corrigan comment, I have more years in aviation than Cap'n Crusty has working on VW's and stuff. Except for that unfortunate incident in Mexico I have never EVER been lost in an airplane. (Although I did get lost inside one of our 747s once but I was under the influence of a perfectly legal prescription drug and could not be held accountable for my actions). Because of the despicable attitude and comments of the organizers of this swap meet I will refuse to show up at this event befor 0900. That's 9 AM for most of you. For those of you who live above 4000 ft msl, that's when the big hand is on the twelve and the little hand is on the nine. (In the morning). Since I have been VEGAN since last May, I refuse to ingest any burnt bovine muscle tissue. My God, have you ever seen one of them feed lot places?! Ever seen Harris Ranch? Even THOMAS once refused to eat there.
Cheers, Elliot With an i dammit!!
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Mar 26 2010, 07:07 AM
Post #3

Elliot .... it's the rarified air; you know what it does to my brain.
+Quote Post
Gint
post Mar 26 2010, 09:31 AM
Post #4

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Wasn't there already a thread on this? Senility? CRS? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) Slits, not mine. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 26 2010, 04:08 PM
Post #5

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 25 2010, 11:57 PM) *

OK. That's it! I'm damn sick and tired of all these personal attacks on our President and shameful disgusting comments about my attempt to sell my car. And as for the Wrong Way Corrigan comment, I have more years in aviation than Cap'n Crusty has working on VW's and stuff. Except for that unfortunate incident in Mexico I have never EVER been lost in an airplane. (Although I did get lost inside one of our 747s once but I was under the influence of a perfectly legal prescription drug and could not be held accountable for my actions). Because of the despicable attitude and comments of the organizers of this swap meet I will refuse to show up at this event befor 0900. That's 9 AM for most of you. For those of you who live above 4000 ft msl, that's when the big hand is on the twelve and the little hand is on the nine. (In the morning). Since I have been VEGAN since last May, I refuse to ingest any burnt bovine muscle tissue. My God, have you ever seen one of them feed lot places?! Ever seen Harris Ranch? Even THOMAS once refused to eat there.
Cheers, Elliot With an i dammit!!

Eliott - it's just too bad you didn't fly with a passenger airline instead of UPS, cuz then you could've invited the Stews ("flight attendants" of the female persuasion for you younger guys) to come up front for some fun in the "cock-pit"!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Any chance you could convince Tony D. to ride down with you? ... we could have an old school week!

BTW Slits - that area code which you really need to worry about down here in the flat lands is 949 - we 714-ers in central OC tend to be far more humble! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Mar 27 2010, 10:16 AM
Post #6

914 Guru

To those that attend this get together, it will be good to see you all again. If you have never attended, plan on being there if you can. Good parts, great looking cars, (some of which are for sale by the way, see picture below) good BBQ (if you're into that disgusting diet of animal muscle tissue), good friends and just one great big parking lot BS session.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Mar 27 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 27 2010, 09:16 AM) *

To those that attend this get together, it will be good to see you all again. If you have never attended, plan on being there if you can. Good parts, great looking cars, (some of which are for sale by the way, see picture below) good BBQ (if you're into that disgusting diet of animal muscle tissue), good friends and just one great big parking lot BS session.

HEY (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) we don't spread BS unless Bradholio is here .... WE SPREAD RUST!!!!
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Mar 27 2010, 07:40 PM
Post #8

914 Guru

QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 27 2010, 11:01 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 27 2010, 09:16 AM) *

HEY (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) we don't spread BS unless Bradholio is here .... WE SPREAD RUST!!!!

You're so full of it, I'll bet you can spread it in your sleep!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
a914luvr
post Apr 13 2010, 10:43 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 259

My seminar on how to not finish a project begins at 8am. SLITS tour of his old, greasy, tired, non-running Porsche engine museum is at 10. Both are being hailed as can't miss events!
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Apr 13 2010, 11:50 PM
Post #10

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

I thought that was a seminar on procrastination?

Oh wait--I guess that was postponed.

--DD
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post Apr 14 2010, 08:13 AM
Post #11

Looks nice in pictures.........

Member No.: 1,753

This is on the same weekend that we were thinking of having the Red Rocks Classic 4 years ago. Why didn't you check with us first. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Here is a completely unrelated photo to promote the event:
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.funpeak.com-1753-1271254436.1.jpg)
(well, it may be semi-related........related to Slits (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif))

Now you guys can post this on the 914club.com site (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Brando
post Apr 14 2010, 12:11 PM
Post #12

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Member No.: 2,648

I'll be there, probably with skline.

I'll start my courses on "How To Ditch Your VW and get a Real Porsche".

Segments include:
"How to get slower lap times"
"Why more weight and and an engine in the wrong place is better"
"True Cost of Ownership"
and finally
"A $12,000 grenade"

Bringing ribs and beer instead of a donation, probably scouting for a 914 too.
+Quote Post
bernbomb914
post Apr 14 2010, 03:54 PM
Post #13

one of the oldest Farts on this board

Member No.: 36

if you miss this you will be sorry great time for everyone
+Quote Post
Smitty911
post Apr 14 2010, 04:58 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 8,830

Well this give me more reason to get home on Saturday. I'm currently in Tupelo MS, doing some some work (holding a chair down (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) )

I should know by Friday if I will be back in town.

I may drive my 914 and the wife can drive my Truck, she says my 914 is to ugly to be seen sitting in. Plus I could help remove the leftover car parts, even if they already have an owner.

Plus I look forward to learning from the Greats giving lectures.

Smitty
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Apr 18 2010, 01:54 PM
Post #15

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181

I plan to be there with a few parts to sell or trade which are "extras," but will be in our dove blue 88 Westy, as the 914 is in the process of stripping it to shell for paint & bodywork.

All advice on good paint & body shops in SoCal & maybe out-of-state where they can still shoot to OEM solvent based paints will be appreciated! The work on mine is well beyond my tool bin & skill level, & not worth buying $1000s in tools to do just my one 914! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I'm looking for a 73-74 chrome front bumper with the tit holes & extra back braces as a core to restore & rechrome, & have a 70-72 decent driver or core chrome one to trade for it or buy. Also looking for a better & rust free late drivers door & rear decklid (rear trunk), than the ones on my parts shell!

Also a new/NIB & never mounted 70-74 rear top pad rubber from PP last year that I won't be using, since I decided to go with Mike914's F&R.

My buddy with a pristine 71 914 will also be coming, & he's looking for a pristine/excl early side mirror (sharp 90 degree arm) that he wants to mount on the pass. side of his Bahia Red (it's the one owner cherry one in the pix at O&H from the PCA OCR "Poor-suches & Donutz" yesterday).

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Toast
post Apr 21 2010, 03:03 PM
Post #16

Not bad for carrying sway bars.

Member No.: 1,580
Region Association: Southwest Region

Coffee Girl has a couple of items she can bring if anybody is interested.

4 Sets of stock 4 bolt Mahle rims
Front 5 lug hubs and struts
914 Calipers front and rear

If no one wants the Mahle's then im going to bring the 914. Otherwise I will need to bring a NARP.

See ya all there! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/toast.gif)
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Apr 21 2010, 05:14 PM
Post #17

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

What time do the prostrate exams start?
+Quote Post
Steve
post Apr 22 2010, 08:41 AM
Post #18

914 Guru

Member No.: 822

Is anybody going that has the foam foot rest for the front of the passenger side on a 75 or 76 914? Mine is missing. I also have some stuff to get rid of.
-Pair of frozen dual bleed nipple 914-4 rear calipers. Should be able to rebuild them.
-? Need to scour the garage for other crap to get rid of.
+Quote Post
ahdoman
post Apr 22 2010, 10:16 AM
Post #19

It's phonetic...Ah-D-O-Man (Audioman)

Member No.: 5,084

There's a couple of us coming from Santa Clarita across the 210. I think we're going to stop in Sierra Madre and meet up with some others. If you want to meet up there as well send me a PM. The meet location is yet to be determined.
+Quote Post
JoeSharp
post Apr 22 2010, 10:27 AM
Post #20

In Irvine, Ca. May 15-18

Member No.: 898
Region Association: South East States

Should I plan on doing the Chili???? As I recall last fall it was gone before the Bar-B-Q even got started.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 05:44 AM