Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G & R ALL 914 RUSTY PARTS SWAP MEET AND ANIMAL FLESH ROASTING FEST
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SLITS
Again, we will stage the incarnation of the Bi-Annual G&R All 914 Rusty Parts Swap Meet and Animal Flesh Roasting Festival. It has been ordained, cast in Gold chains and anointed with very fine whine and old cheese, that the date shall be forever remembered as APRIL 25, 2010.

The address will be as always:

2727 KANSAS AVE, RIVERSIDE, CA. 92507

For you techogeeks, maybe I will post longitude and latitude.

This being a very special occasion, as rumor has it; it just may be King George's hatching. So, to honor this auspicious occasion if the rumor is true, Professor 914, of Automobile Kalifornia fame, has graciously accepted our invitation to be "Guest of Honor". Look for him, in his flowing white robe and white hair, as he cruises the area with a Sawzall in his hand to garner such VIN, Chassis, and paint placards as he might for later resale. Emissions and timing stickers are game too! So bring that real six.

So, we have to have more events to entertain the enlightened attendees.
1.) Glenn will explain how to make a project last a lifetime.
2.) Jim Burke, local PCA semi-official I think, will demonstrate his vast knowledge of anything.
3.) Rico Suave will not be asleep and snoring in a chair as per normal. Since his neutralization by the feminine gender, he appears to sleep with one eye open. Be specially careful of his reflex action when he is wearing the pointy boots.
4.) Ellyot Cannon will again be trying to convince someone to buy the "Screaming Yellow Zonker" so he can live out his dream of being like Wrong Way corrigan. He does resemble him.
5.) We are assuming that the Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley crew will be on hand. Between the heavy german, you might just catch a waft of mother nature's finest. Huh?
6.) Slot car racing is out this year. There's too much debris on the track and the cleanup crew quit.
7.) A few years ago, we had a guest from New York. He went around licking. No, not people, he just picked up and licked everyone's parts.... car parts Damnit. We are honored that we have secured him as a guest this year. We're hoping that SammyG will show and plant a CV axle in his cranium. Should be highly entertaining.
8.) PCA spies will be everywhere with sign up forms. We try to screen them at the gate, but they manage to slip through. We would like to be supportive, but I have no intention of giving anyone 10%.
9.) We are hoping to spice up the place with the dazzling Flora and Fauna, so ladies, get the mojo on. Looking at car geeks all day gives me gas and I am best in my role as a Lecher. I drool easily.

Anyway, we must establish a few rulzzzz for this event:
1.) Bringing your own libations is perfectly acceptable. Excreting those libations in out parking lot on the pallets or other objects may please the Fire Department, but upsets us. Plus, if you get out of hand, we will take your keys and sell your car to the homeless up the street. They prefer 4 seaters, as it gives them two beds.
2.) We have only one unisex water closet. Be kind to your fellow swapees, bring your own ass-gaskets if you have a reluctance to sit down and bring your own air freshener if you are smell challenged. Yes, I do know what it smells like when a bear defecates in the woods ... kinda reminds me of Pine Sol, the official douche of Mexico.
3.) We will have strategically placed trash cans (I hope) ... use them. Hell, we might even label them for Recycled materials, but I'm not quite that "Green" yet. I have yet to achieve the status of "Conspicuous Consumer". Secondly, finding 1/4 or 1/2 empty coke and water containers spread about violates my pet peeve... if you take it, use it and place the empty container in a suitable place. If you seem unwilling to find that suitable place, I will be more than happy to tell you where to put it,
4.) If your rusty junk doesn't sell and you are reluctant to take it home with you, we will provide a "free pile" for you to dump it in for the true treasure seekers (CASOBS) that will sift through it. If you seriously think that there will be no takers, there is at least one dumpster on the premises.
4a.) Bringing 911 parts is perfectly acceptable IF they can be used in a conversion. If they can’t we will probably point you out, have a laughing fest and then stone you.
5.) OFFICIAL WARNING... The entire area is under 24 Digital Video with night vision cameras. Hiding in the shadows will not work. If you have quirks, please do not demonstrate them. If you are deeply in heat, we've already seen the movie. If it’s really good, we will put it on our website and charge for viewing.
6.) SECOND OFFICIAL WARNING ... If your car is low; enter the gate on the left slowly. That's facing the gate. When exiting, it will be on your right. All parts ripped off become the immediate property of the G&R and will be summarily sold.
7.) Miles was going to attend, but he is hung up somewhere between sniffing guitar glue and his goats. We miss him.
8.) Bruce Stone will be here with his bevy of high priced, cad / zinc plated stuff, so get your rocks off. Then again, he may be in Texas. We wish the state well.... not.
9.) There are plenty more infamous attendees with their own quirks, but I’ve run out of patience and my fingers are tired.

We regret that the President will not be attending this year. It seems that the highly touted stimulus didn't quite make the grade and they would be forced to travel by, His Deity forbid by common automobile. Gas out here is higher than the hot air layer they create. Global Warming ... bah ... If they would just shut their mouths we wouldn't have a problem.

We, as always, will be serving roasted bovine and/or some form of tube steak, between cheap buns with your choice of condiments. Onions, pickles, tomato slices, lettuce and sauces (watch out for the white one). Also, a couple of bags of oil soaked potatoes. This highly desirable feast is costly, so we ask for a $5.00 donation to cover the food and drinks.

For early comers (bet your SO hates you), we will have coffee and fat pills. Just part of the celebration you know.

Libations will consist of a variety of artificially flavored, colored phosphoric acid with sugar. Common water will also be available in those plastic containers that poison you. You think we actually care enough to give you Aluminum containers to get Alzheimer’s? Really, who in the hell do you think we are to provide you with such a good excuse for being a dickhead.

Ok, that’s it. If you need further information or directions, give us a call. We may or may not answer depending upon your area code. We have a secret list of them that we have banned for one reason or another. Most of them start with a 7.

Main direction number: (909) 650-5412. The recording will provide all you need to know.
Ron: (951) 751-3584
Glenn: (951) 235-7349

EDIT: Gate will be open at 6:00 AM
Elliot Cannon
OK. That's it! I'm damn sick and tired of all these personal attacks on our President and shameful disgusting comments about my attempt to sell my car. And as for the Wrong Way Corrigan comment, I have more years in aviation than Cap'n Crusty has working on VW's and stuff. Except for that unfortunate incident in Mexico I have never EVER been lost in an airplane. (Although I did get lost inside one of our 747s once but I was under the influence of a perfectly legal prescription drug and could not be held accountable for my actions). Because of the despicable attitude and comments of the organizers of this swap meet I will refuse to show up at this event befor 0900. That's 9 AM for most of you. For those of you who live above 4000 ft msl, that's when the big hand is on the twelve and the little hand is on the nine. (In the morning). Since I have been VEGAN since last May, I refuse to ingest any burnt bovine muscle tissue. My God, have you ever seen one of them feed lot places?! Ever seen Harris Ranch? Even THOMAS once refused to eat there.
Cheers, Elliot With an i dammit!!
SLITS
Elliot .... it's the rarified air; you know what it does to my brain.
Gint
Wasn't there already a thread on this? Senility? CRS? poke.gif Slits, not mine. laugh.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 25 2010, 11:57 PM) *

OK. That's it! I'm damn sick and tired of all these personal attacks on our President and shameful disgusting comments about my attempt to sell my car. And as for the Wrong Way Corrigan comment, I have more years in aviation than Cap'n Crusty has working on VW's and stuff. Except for that unfortunate incident in Mexico I have never EVER been lost in an airplane. (Although I did get lost inside one of our 747s once but I was under the influence of a perfectly legal prescription drug and could not be held accountable for my actions). Because of the despicable attitude and comments of the organizers of this swap meet I will refuse to show up at this event befor 0900. That's 9 AM for most of you. For those of you who live above 4000 ft msl, that's when the big hand is on the twelve and the little hand is on the nine. (In the morning). Since I have been VEGAN since last May, I refuse to ingest any burnt bovine muscle tissue. My God, have you ever seen one of them feed lot places?! Ever seen Harris Ranch? Even THOMAS once refused to eat there.
Cheers, Elliot With an i dammit!!

Eliott - it's just too bad you didn't fly with a passenger airline instead of UPS, cuz then you could've invited the Stews ("flight attendants" of the female persuasion for you younger guys) to come up front for some fun in the "cock-pit"!!!! lol-2.gif

Any chance you could convince Tony D. to ride down with you? ... we could have an old school week!

BTW Slits - that area code which you really need to worry about down here in the flat lands is 949 - we 714-ers in central OC tend to be far more humble! av-943.gif
Elliot Cannon
To those that attend this get together, it will be good to see you all again. If you have never attended, plan on being there if you can. Good parts, great looking cars, (some of which are for sale by the way, see picture below) good BBQ (if you're into that disgusting diet of animal muscle tissue), good friends and just one great big parking lot BS session.
SLITS
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 27 2010, 09:16 AM) *

To those that attend this get together, it will be good to see you all again. If you have never attended, plan on being there if you can. Good parts, great looking cars, (some of which are for sale by the way, see picture below) good BBQ (if you're into that disgusting diet of animal muscle tissue), good friends and just one great big parking lot BS session.

HEY mad.gif we don't spread BS unless Bradholio is here .... WE SPREAD RUST!!!!
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 27 2010, 11:01 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 27 2010, 09:16 AM) *

HEY mad.gif we don't spread BS unless Bradholio is here .... WE SPREAD RUST!!!!

You're so full of it, I'll bet you can spread it in your sleep!! av-943.gif
a914luvr
My seminar on how to not finish a project begins at 8am. SLITS tour of his old, greasy, tired, non-running Porsche engine museum is at 10. Both are being hailed as can't miss events!
Dave_Darling
I thought that was a seminar on procrastination?

Oh wait--I guess that was postponed.

--DD
TROJANMAN
This is on the same weekend that we were thinking of having the Red Rocks Classic 4 years ago. Why didn't you check with us first. biggrin.gif

Here is a completely unrelated photo to promote the event:
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
IPB Image
(well, it may be semi-related........related to Slits laugh.gif)

Now you guys can post this on the 914club.com site smile.gif
Brando
I'll be there, probably with skline.

I'll start my courses on "How To Ditch Your VW and get a Real Porsche".

Segments include:
"How to get slower lap times"
"Why more weight and and an engine in the wrong place is better"
"True Cost of Ownership"
and finally
"A $12,000 grenade"

Bringing ribs and beer instead of a donation, probably scouting for a 914 too.
bernbomb914
if you miss this you will be sorry great time for everyone
Smitty911
Well this give me more reason to get home on Saturday. I'm currently in Tupelo MS, doing some some work (holding a chair down confused24.gif )

I should know by Friday if I will be back in town.

I may drive my 914 and the wife can drive my Truck, she says my 914 is to ugly to be seen sitting in. Plus I could help remove the leftover car parts, even if they already have an owner.

Plus I look forward to learning from the Greats giving lectures.

Smitty
Tom_T
I plan to be there with a few parts to sell or trade which are "extras," but will be in our dove blue 88 Westy, as the 914 is in the process of stripping it to shell for paint & bodywork.

All advice on good paint & body shops in SoCal & maybe out-of-state where they can still shoot to OEM solvent based paints will be appreciated! The work on mine is well beyond my tool bin & skill level, & not worth buying $1000s in tools to do just my one 914! biggrin.gif

I'm looking for a 73-74 chrome front bumper with the tit holes & extra back braces as a core to restore & rechrome, & have a 70-72 decent driver or core chrome one to trade for it or buy. Also looking for a better & rust free late drivers door & rear decklid (rear trunk), than the ones on my parts shell!

Also a new/NIB & never mounted 70-74 rear top pad rubber from PP last year that I won't be using, since I decided to go with Mike914's F&R.

My buddy with a pristine 71 914 will also be coming, & he's looking for a pristine/excl early side mirror (sharp 90 degree arm) that he wants to mount on the pass. side of his Bahia Red (it's the one owner cherry one in the pix at O&H from the PCA OCR "Poor-suches & Donutz" yesterday).

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Toast
Coffee Girl has a couple of items she can bring if anybody is interested.

4 Sets of stock 4 bolt Mahle rims
Front 5 lug hubs and struts
914 Calipers front and rear

If no one wants the Mahle's then im going to bring the 914. Otherwise I will need to bring a NARP.

See ya all there! wub.gif

toast.gif
Eric_Shea
What time do the prostrate exams start?
Steve
Is anybody going that has the foam foot rest for the front of the passenger side on a 75 or 76 914? Mine is missing. I also have some stuff to get rid of.
-Pair of frozen dual bleed nipple 914-4 rear calipers. Should be able to rebuild them.
-? Need to scour the garage for other crap to get rid of.
ahdoman
There's a couple of us coming from Santa Clarita across the 210. I think we're going to stop in Sierra Madre and meet up with some others. If you want to meet up there as well send me a PM. The meet location is yet to be determined.
JoeSharp
Should I plan on doing the Chili???? As I recall last fall it was gone before the Bar-B-Q even got started.
Toast
Bring the Chili!!!! (and the t.p.) tongue.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 22 2010, 07:41 AM) *

Is anybody going that has the foam foot rest for the front of the passenger side on a 75 or 76 914? Mine is missing. I also have some stuff to get rid of.
-Pair of frozen dual bleed nipple 914-4 rear calipers. Should be able to rebuild them.

I believe I have a footrest for you.
Brando
Does this mean we'll get to have some of your trademark Bad Dogsā„¢ ?! drooley.gif

QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Apr 22 2010, 08:27 AM) *
Should I plan on doing the Chili???? As I recall last fall it was gone before the Bar-B-Q even got started.

Steve
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 22 2010, 10:01 AM) *

Cool how much?
oz371
Did someone say Chili?? beer3.gif piratenanner.gif chowtime.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 22 2010, 10:02 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 22 2010, 10:01 AM) *

Cool how much?

$0.00

And Oz, if you have never experienced Joe's Chili .... well, it is an experience! Ever heard of Coloncleanze?
Steve
Awesome thanks!!
914_teener
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 23 2010, 06:59 AM) *

Awesome thanks!!

I am looking for a side mirror also....I saw one of the guys from SD bring one..I should have snaged it.

I have a set of Rivs with an original Riv as spare....cheap. Won't bring em unless somebody wants them. Pics are on the FS board.

Send a PM if you want em.
bdstone914
914 Teener, I have a side mirror or two. Look for the person with the most shiny parts.

I will of course be there with as many parts as I can cram in the van.

Any parts requests. Pleas PM or phone me at 951 536 seven four seven eight as I may not check back for replies to this thread.

BUMP
914_teener
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 23 2010, 05:50 PM) *

914 Teener, I have a side mirror or two. Look for the person with the most shiny parts.

I will of course be there with as many parts as I can cram in the van.

Any parts requests. Pleas PM or phone me at 951 536 seven four seven eight as I may not check back for replies to this thread.

BUMP

I'll be there Bruce...it's Rob....of course I have your number...I forgot to ask you.

wallys914
I have some parts that I was not going to bringing since I'm bring my 914.

I have complete front and rear suspension from a 72 914, (struts, brakes, rear arms), I a front spoiler, and a rear 916 valance. Some hood crests, a 911 space saver rim, fb rockers, 73 ss trans And a bunch of other junk. Pm me if you would like me to bring any of the items above and or just ask me as I may have an item you want, that I can bring
Brando
Does anyone know if KaptKaos (Joe) is going to be in attendance? Got some solid trans mounts he has yet to claim.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(Brando @ Apr 24 2010, 04:29 PM) *

Does anyone know if KaptKaos (Joe) is going to be in attendance? Got some solid trans mounts he has yet to claim.

I was trying to juggle stuff, but it won't work out for me tomorrow. I sent you a PM.
Toast
Sorry boys and girls, but your Coffee Girl morning1.gif will not be able to have your coffee prepared for you this event.

I am buying a house and trying to qualify for the tax credit program by April 30th. There is just too much I need to do before then. Somebody please eat an extra brat and jsharp.gif chili for me!

toast.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Toast @ Apr 24 2010, 07:15 PM) *

Sorry boys and girls, but your Coffee Girl morning1.gif will not be able to have your coffee prepared for you this event.

I am buying a house and trying to qualify for the tax credit program by April 30th. There is just too much I need to do before then. Somebody please eat an extra brat and jsharp.gif chili for me!

toast.gif

WHAT? WHAT? Sorry you won't be there Melba. Good luck on the house. (How's your Mom?)
craig downs
Ahhh I'm going to miss you Toasty but good luck getting your house. Good for you
craig downs
Sorry for the double post. See everyone tomorrow
oz371
Good times, awesome cars, and great people!!
smilie_pokal.gif Click to view attachment
oz371
Click to view attachment
oz371
And of course I had to buy another teener.
piratenanner.gif
Click to view attachment
Sleepin
Cool! Any center caps there? huh.gif poke.gif
oz371
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Apr 25 2010, 01:25 PM) *

Cool! Any center caps there? huh.gif poke.gif

Saw a few awesome Wheel sets but no many caps. There seemed to be more cars than sellers. Great turn out and the Chili was Gooood!! beerchug.gif chowtime.gif
Steve
Lots of cars, great turnout. Nice to see everyone again.
76-914
Thanks Ron, great event once again. Fantastic Brat's. Heres a few more shots.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
76-914
And a Foo more:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
Ron and Glen; Thanks for hosting this event. As usual, there were a ton of great deals, great food, and more 914s than WCR.

Here's my favorites: Dan's newly completed /6, viper green, steel flares, painted it himself at home....great job.
jim_hoyland
Steve Griders conversion and Rick Evans ( 2-OH )
jim_hoyland
More pics...
jim_hoyland
More...
jim_hoyland
More..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.