Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G & R ALL 914 RUSTY PARTS SWAP MEET AND ANIMAL FLESH ROASTING FEST
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
sean_v8_914
had fun talkin cars with all yous car dudes and a few dude-ettes. had a nice limo ride back to SD. the Ranchero fried the HEI coil pack. 60,000 volts was nice for teh 4 months it lasted. the car turn out was grand
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 25 2010, 03:22 PM) *

Lots of cars, great turnout. Nice to see everyone again.

Saw you loading the front valance, metal ? Looked nice !
rick 918-S
Who owns this car? Was it originally blue? What's up with the color?

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Whooz were the two LE Creamsicles?
biggrin.gif
a914luvr
The fuschia colored car was once mine several years ago. I think it's a '73 2.0 and was originally a metallic (Marathon?) blue. The owner now is a fellow PCA'r (past President, Riverside Region) named Bruce Herrington. He does intend to re-paint it!

LE on top belongs to Bill Dunn. If I remember correctly, his daughter gave him the car many years ago. It had a blown engine and he had a stock 2.0 rebuilt by a local shop and has been driving the car off and on ever since. Unfortunately, the car was cut for A/C by a PO.

The 2nd LE belongs to the current Riv. Region prez. His name is Jim LaMonica. It's going to be/is on the market for $22k. This car is super clean. If anyone is not familiar with Jim's work and attention to detail (he also has a pristine 914-6 with a 3.6L), you can rest assured he did this car right. After a few finishing touches, he'll post it here in the classifieds.

Good turn out of cars this time. I think we may have set a new G&R record. Last I counted, there were 26 cars and I had heard we reached 30! Thanks everyone.
sixnotfour
0011 first production 914-6

oldschool
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 25 2010, 11:53 PM) *

0011 first production 914-6

Is this the car Hans L. built?
sixnotfour
yes
oldschool
wow I saw that car at his shop being done .....looks cool.
bcheney
Glenn, WOW what a great event again!! You guys must have had a blast...The pics are fantastic!!
JoeSharp
QUOTE(a914luvr @ Apr 25 2010, 09:32 PM) *

Good turn out of cars this time. I think we may have set a new G&R record. Last I counted, there were 26 cars and I had heard we reached 30! Thanks everyone.

Sorry Glen But you were pertty bussy. Betsy and I walked through the cars early and counted 33 914's a 356 and a boxter. Oh I forgot the parts cars, I saw 2 911's.
I can only hope and pray that all of the poroblems that I caused do not keep us from using the faacility again. I can only say that the toung jack on Moncha is tough.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Apr 26 2010, 07:36 AM) *

Oh I forgot the parts cars, I saw 2 911's.

chairfall.gif av-943.gif
jim_hoyland
Did you count these two ?
JoeSharp
Nope, I didn't count Roberts car under the car cover or the 3 parts cars by the fence either.
SLITS
Hey hissyfit.gif The Purple Dirt Devil runs and can be driven.

The "problem" was fixed early today. Next time, please do a #2 before crossing the gate. That way "Moncha" will sit high enough to clear the gate track lol-2.gif

And you forgot "The Grey Ghost" ... it runs too!

Oh, and Joe, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the white deposit you left in the parking lot. I didn't know Moncha could do that. The last time I saw anything that big was in the movie "Jurassic Park".
Tom_T
Thanx Ron & Glen & All, it was my first G&R & had a great time, good talks/advice & great eats!!!! smile.gif

Thanx Andy for the offer to teach this bonehead (me!) to weld sometime! smile.gif welder.gif

Jim H. - I didn't see your Copper 914 there, but we didn't roll in until 9:30-ish.

This one's for Andy to "prove" my buddy Jerry really does have the 71 914/4 only owner with <61000 original miles & still great original Red paint (pic from Krispy Kreme 4/17). Jerry was so excited to come to this, that he showed up Sat morning to go - with his youngest son & his 914, but then came with the G37 on Sunday & I said..... WTF.gif ....!!!!

This is his 71 914, but it was NOT there, dry.gif .... but hopefully at the next one: drooley.gif wub.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Thanx to all for giving him the hard time for leaving the teen at home yesterday! I'll think he'll show up with it now to future events! biggrin.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 26 2010, 11:27 AM) *

Hey hissyfit.gif The Purple Dirt Devil runs and can be driven.

The "problem" was fixed early today. Next time, please do a #2 before crossing the gate. That way "Moncha" will sit high enough to clear the gate track lol-2.gif

And you forgot "The Grey Ghost" ... it runs too!

Oh, and Joe, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the white deposit you left in the parking lot. I didn't know Moncha could do that. The last time I saw anything that big was in the movie "Jurassic Park".

saw your avatar check this out aktion035.gif
SLITS
The White Deposit .............

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Snorting fiberglass is really BAD for your nasal passages.
ahdoman
That was definitely one of the best G&R's I've attended yet. It was a flawless day (except for that awful stench on the 210 driving through the Ontario area!).

Ron - Hope all is OK with the gate and your bro. Do we need to start a volunteer contribution fund to help with repairs? I, for one, would hate to loose the rights to meet there.
Steve
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 25 2010, 07:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 25 2010, 03:22 PM) *

Lots of cars, great turnout. Nice to see everyone again.

Saw you loading the front valance, metal ? Looked nice !

Its a fiberglass GT replica front valance. Hopefully it will match up with my flairs.
Eric_Shea
I was talking to Aaron today... he told me Tony went somewhere in Riverslime with #11. Hope Slits didn't water his wheels... looks like a fun event.
SLITS
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Apr 26 2010, 01:02 PM) *

Do we need to start a volunteer contribution fund to help with repairs? I, for one, would hate to loose the rights to meet there.

They bagged me with a high cost due to maintenance not listening to what I told them to do ... they decided to re-engineer the entire project and waste an entire day figuring out it wouldn't work. They then went back to what I told them to do.

My name does not start with a B and donations will not be accepted.
Toast
Ooohhhh!

blowup.gif

av-943.gif

QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 26 2010, 03:31 PM) *

QUOTE(ahdoman @ Apr 26 2010, 01:02 PM) *

Do we need to start a volunteer contribution fund to help with repairs? I, for one, would hate to loose the rights to meet there.

They bagged me with a high cost due to maintenance not listening to what I told them to do ... they decided to re-engineer the entire project and waste an entire day figuring out it wouldn't work. They then went back to what I told them to do.

My name does not start with a B and donations will not be accepted.

914-300Hemi
I had a great tiem Glenn. Thanks for hosting it. It was great to see everyone and chat about 914's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.