Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Questionable vendor, advice?
MattR
post Mar 30 2004, 01:16 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,589
Region Association: Northern California

I placed an order last week to a vendor, who shall remain nameless, tuesday to be precise. I needed the pistons so I could get some machine work done during spring break (the only time I have as a student). I expected to have the pistons last friday because they are relativly close to me, but I held out until monday. After UPS had come and gone on monday without my pistons, I decided to email the vendor. Apparently they backordered my pistons without me knowing it and it would a "couple more weeks." Is it me or is this BAD business? You cant backorder stuff when they are expecting it. There was NO indication on their website or any follow up emails from the vendor that the part was on backorder.

I could wait a couple of weeks for him to get the pistons in, but I would have to push all my plans back and sit on my hands for the remaining week of spring brake (meaning my car probably wont run until the summer time).

Or I could cancel the order and find another vendor that might have the pistons in hope that I will get them before friday so I can drop that stuff off to the machine shop and work on it next weekend. My schedule is still screwed because I should be going to the machine shop tomorrow to bore out my cylinders and do headwork... but atleast I dont have to deal with a stupid vendor.

Any thoughts?

I really thought this was a good vendor. He has been praised on this forum and I think he's even a member. I wouldnt normally care for a 2 week setback, but the fact that he ignored telling me for a week really pisses me off, especially when time is such an issue.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 21)
Bleyseng
post Mar 30 2004, 11:27 PM
Post #21

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Can we stop testing and start ordering? "We don't need no stinking inventory control"

Geoff
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Mar 30 2004, 11:28 PM
Post #22

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

As soon as all my projects are done (except no.4)

B
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 01:32 PM