Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Just Finished My Taxes, Man this Freedom Sucks
EdwardBlume
post Apr 4 2010, 09:02 PM
Post #1

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

I'll be lucky to squeeze out a front sway bar this year...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 31)
effutuo101
post Apr 5 2010, 09:28 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,914
Region Association: Southern California

Yep. I usually get back a decent return. I don't mind the 0% loan to the feds. The law they passed to give people more per check didn't clearly outline that about 53% of people would owe taxes this year (where in the past some would have recieved a refund) and 47% would get a sizable return or not pay.
So, 50% of the people are carring the load?
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Apr 5 2010, 01:01 PM
Post #22

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016

I always owe!

I want my money during the year instead of them putting my money in an account, drawing interest and then they make money off my money! Damn leaches!

I'm going to owe more from now on since both kids are over 18 and there both going to be living on there own. I have to find some deductions somewhere?
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Apr 5 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #23

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

IRS took 8 weeks to tell me that I "didnt sent backup for my federal income taxes, Form W-2".

Seriously?? They are trying to claim I didnt include my W-2....WHY? Well i'll tell you why. I just bought my first house qualifying for the 8k tax credit. I went to file my taxes online and they stated that you CAN NOT FILE ONLINE W/ THE 8k Tax credit!! WHY??? Because they want to hold onto your money for as long as they can so THEY can gain interest, so they require you to file by mail. THEN they take an extra 4 weeks to come back making a bogus claim that no one can really make an argument because they "lost the form"... Now when they finally get my W-2 and process it, it'll be another 8 weeks or more. And there is no one that I can call and actually speak to because its the f'in government..

What a crock of shit.
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Apr 5 2010, 01:39 PM
Post #24

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 5 2010, 12:30 PM) *

IRS took 8 weeks to tell me that I "didnt sent backup for my federal income taxes, Form W-2".

Seriously?? They are trying to claim I didnt include my W-2....WHY? Well i'll tell you why. I just bought my first house qualifying for the 8k tax credit. I went to file my taxes online and they stated that you CAN NOT FILE ONLINE W/ THE 8k Tax credit!! WHY??? Because they want to hold onto your money for as long as they can so THEY can gain interest, so they require you to file by mail. THEN they take an extra 4 weeks to come back making a bogus claim that no one can really make an argument because they "lost the form"... Now when they finally get my W-2 and process it, it'll be another 8 weeks or more. And there is no one that I can call and actually speak to because its the f'in government..

What a crock of shit.

Can I get a amen?
+Quote Post
Katmanken
post Apr 5 2010, 02:01 PM
Post #25

You haven't seen me if anybody asks...

Member No.: 819
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Welcome to the new wider world of bureaucracy. You will be receiving more and more of this treatment in the future.

Be careful and don't complain too much. The new IRS agents are getting guns and training..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Porcharu
post Apr 5 2010, 04:18 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 3,518

QUOTE(d914 @ Apr 5 2010, 04:30 AM) *

I owe I owe Iowe, and back to work I go!! I dis-owned one kid kept the other and with some college stuff Im down to ONLY owing $4,500......I didnd want to finish my car anyway!!

Unfortunately I got you beat - I owe 18K from last year and I paid a lot last year. That's going down to 'only' 10K now. I paid more in taxes than I made total 10 years ago - paycheck is still the pretty much the same. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) Hearing that taxes are going UP is not making me want to work much anymore.
+Quote Post
realred914
post Apr 5 2010, 05:04 PM
Post #27

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,541
Region Association: None

let see you can deduct medical expsnes but when your hurt or sick thus out of work, there is nothing to deduct from, they wont let you carry it over to the next yaer when your back making money again. bastards!

the home credit is nice, cept i bought too long ago. bastards

then gobvenment pensions are bank rupting us, bastards

non stop printingof money is depleting our savigns value, bastards!

the governmnet is full of bastards

but they had money to bail out the banks, insurince and union auto workers but no bail out for the tax payers. bastards!!!!
+Quote Post
jhadler
post Apr 5 2010, 05:15 PM
Post #28

Long term tinkerer...

Member No.: 529

QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 4 2010, 07:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Krieger914 @ Apr 4 2010, 07:15 PM) *

Taxes will be going up too. We need to help all our brothers......with everything....so suck it up comrade.

No kidding. When I grow up, I want to be a government employee with a fat pension...

Wishful thinking there... Those days are gone... And yes, I'm a government employee...

-Josh2
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Apr 5 2010, 05:46 PM
Post #29

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

Honestly I found far more exemptions avialable to me this year than I did last year.

If youre self employed and not fully funding a retirement account do yourselves a favor and file an extension and figure out what your taxes will be if you fund retirement savings 100% to legal contribution amount. Then only pay amount you would recognize as taxable income with the retirement money deducted this April. I do that almost every year.
+Quote Post
Porcharu
post Apr 5 2010, 06:52 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 3,518

QUOTE(jhadler @ Apr 5 2010, 03:15 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 4 2010, 07:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Krieger914 @ Apr 4 2010, 07:15 PM) *

Taxes will be going up too. We need to help all our brothers......with everything....so suck it up comrade.

No kidding. When I grow up, I want to be a government employee with a fat pension...

Wishful thinking there... Those days are gone... And yes, I'm a government employee...

-Josh2

Yeah right - we have county employees making a BASE salary of $400,000 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) I just saw the published list from last year and there were many regular employees (like doctors at the county hospital that is crying the blues about not having funding) that were over $300,000 base pay - pages of them!! The first page was all over $400,000 the top hit $600,000 - service my ass. Take a look the counties all have to disclose what they pay - it will piss you off. And no they are not worth it. No way no how.
+Quote Post
flipb
post Apr 5 2010, 07:06 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 10,752
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Porcharu @ Apr 5 2010, 08:52 PM) *

Yeah right - we have county employees making a BASE salary of $400,000 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) I just saw the published list from last year and there were many regular employees (like doctors at the county hospital that is crying the blues about not having funding) that were over $300,000 base pay - pages of them!! The first page was all over $400,000 the top hit $600,000 - service my ass. Take a look the counties all have to disclose what they pay - it will piss you off. And no they are not worth it. No way no how.

And if you were going under the knife, you'd prefer to have a surgeon who could only land a $40,000 job?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
realred914
post Apr 5 2010, 08:13 PM
Post #32

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,541

QUOTE(flipb @ Apr 5 2010, 06:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Porcharu @ Apr 5 2010, 08:52 PM) *

And if you were going under the knife, you'd prefer to have a surgeon who could only land a $40,000 job?

no cheap surgen for me but seeing the county hospital gets the load of the illegals getting a free ride, $40,000 surgens are more than enough for them.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 12:03 PM