Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Clutch cable?, That would be too easy!!
aircooledtechguy
post Apr 5 2010, 10:16 AM
Post #1

The Aircooledtech Guy

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,730
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

So on the way home Friday, I get into town push the clutch in and it feels "different". . . It feels exactly like the cable is fraying and getting progressively looser as the strands break on the short drive home. . .

As I pull into the driveway, nuttin' Well, at least it got me home right. So now I need to get it to my shop to swap cars and get that cable out. So I drive to the shop early to avoid traffic while I clutch-less shift. . . having been through Dr. Evils tranny clinic a mere 7 months ago, I'm thinking OUCH!! I know how expensive that grind is. . . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) Believe it or not I only had to shift 3 times in 25 miles.

Get it on the lift, pull the pedal assembly (here's my chance to install the bushing kit!!) and pull the cable. . . DOH!! It's in perfect condition. . . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Look at the t/o bearing through the window from underneath and see my t/o bearing moving right through the diaphram springs!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) SIGH. . .

So I have nothing better to do than to pull my tranny out and replace the clutch this weekend. . . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 11:09 PM