Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Time to start on my big Type IV motor, Bigger is not always better
veltror
post Apr 5 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,978
Region Association: None

Gentlemen,

Some years ago, April 98 to be precise, I bought a 2.6 L stroker kit from European racing, with a J Cam 307 Dur. The plan then was to put it into my 1303 Beetle, but things changed and i never did anything, but I did source some parts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Those who have been following my British Rustoration thread can see that I still have a lot more work to do on the body but I think it might be time to start putting th lump together. Now I thought I had a 78 Stroke crank and 103 pistons so I should get a 2600, but on inspecting the pistons they say 104. This makes it 2650, I think it may be too big besides petrol is not free here like it is in the US. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

The good news is my new Type 4 case looks ok, although I do not like the oil breather bit so some machining will be needed here. The case has a part number of 071101101 so it look like a late air-cooled case. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Plan is to go with a microsquirt system since carbs would need to be 45's which is more cash, might as well go modern-tech.

I will update this thread as things progress, please feel free to add comments or criticism .

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:28 AM