Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time to start on my big Type IV motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
veltror
Gentlemen,

Some years ago, April 98 to be precise, I bought a 2.6 L stroker kit from European racing, with a J Cam 307 Dur. The plan then was to put it into my 1303 Beetle, but things changed and i never did anything, but I did source some parts. smile.gif

Those who have been following my British Rustoration thread can see that I still have a lot more work to do on the body but I think it might be time to start putting th lump together. Now I thought I had a 78 Stroke crank and 103 pistons so I should get a 2600, but on inspecting the pistons they say 104. This makes it 2650, I think it may be too big besides petrol is not free here like it is in the US. poke.gif

The good news is my new Type 4 case looks ok, although I do not like the oil breather bit so some machining will be needed here. The case has a part number of 071101101 so it look like a late air-cooled case. idea.gif

Plan is to go with a microsquirt system since carbs would need to be 45's which is more cash, might as well go modern-tech.

I will update this thread as things progress, please feel free to add comments or criticism .

URY914
Very nice, keep posting.
Mark Henry
Run the pistons, 1mm won't save you gas.

The case is a late bus or vanagon case. Spec it out good as they tend to be beat from pushin the heavy bus around.
Sump P/U is shorter and will need a slight mod if running a 914 windage tray.

That will run with 44 webers (45dells) just fine, the MS will cost you more if you use ITB's. Although I like PEFI, carbs will always be cheaper.
veltror
i forgot to say, the case is brand new, and yes I will use ITB's and of course your trigger wheel, will have to see what the MS system costs out to...

Thanks for the comments.

R
Mark Henry
Cool about the new case, the only issue will be a dipstick, but no biggie.

Wrong Mark on the trigger wheel;)

veltror
Amazing what you find on ebay here a new cylinder tin.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.