Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Original 71 914/4 made SoCal debut, at PCA OCR Doughnutz & Porsches - PIX
Tom_T
post Apr 14 2010, 01:56 PM
Post #1

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

CORRECTION - it is a 71 914/4 1.7L One Owner since new with 60741 turning over as of Sat. am 4/17/10.
It's a CA 914 which has moved with him to VA & back to OC - some teaser pix below
.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Where was everybody!!?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Not one SoCal Teener showed up!
But the taildragger & wasser-middies there LOVED it!!!!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Okay SoCal CWs & other 914 folks, my buddy confirmed that he'll be bringing his one owner 1970 914/4 1.7L to the PCA OCR Doughnutz & Porsches at the Krispy Kreme at "The Block" mall in Orange CA (OC) this coming Sat. 4/17 at 8:30+/- am to whenever. It's open to all comers & even the public!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

This is the pristine 70 914 which I'd mentioned earlier as a prime candidate for the O&H nailed topic: "The few, the rare..." - with 62,0000+/- miles & always garaged & kept dealer showroom cond. for as long as I'd known him, up to when he moved away in the early 90's (I haven't seen it since then - but doubt that he's been any less perfectionist since then). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

According to him it's mildly modified with dealer options from first purchase by him - wood dash face, turned aluminum foot-rests, & an audio upgrade (his sons added disc changer in glove box, new speakers in the stock housings), and a recent engine/valves overhaul in OC (same case # & tranny #).

Look for an OE Red/Black 914 (don't recall what wheels), & a tall guy named Jerry - but he'll answer to "Mr. Perfect"! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ..... he's going give me crap for letting that one out of the bag! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

- so come out & encourage him to get his pix on here & to CdE show this sucker!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Let's also get an overwhelming 914 turn out too, so we can show all those tail-draggers & water-pumpers (the true NARPs IMHO!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ) what's what!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Directions:
Take your favorite freeway to either the I-405, I-5, SR-57 or SR-55 & SR-22 (Garden Grove/Orange Freeway) interchange - to the City Center/State College Blvd. North exit, go north & look for Krispy Kreme & The Block entrance off of City Center Dr., turn left & go to the parking lot area between the main mall entrance & Krispy Kreme with all the Porsches parked - you know the drill!

I'll be in a red 914 hoody from Johannes - as close as I can get to a 914 until mine is done! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 07:00 AM